Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Will My Fabric Arrive - Holding My Breathe >

Will My Fabric Arrive - Holding My Breathe

Will My Fabric Arrive - Holding My Breathe

Old 03-28-2013, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by nancyw View Post
Seems like in the 90's fabric stayed around a lot longer. Maybe it is just because there are more of us and more fabric companies vying for our business.
I have the feeling that that special fabric we can't find anymore in the store is sitting inside a bunch of quilter's sewing stash
Old 03-28-2013, 09:56 AM
Power Poster

Unfortunately quilts in magazines are made up to a year before they are published, when the fabric is current. Seems the fabric companies would keep track of what will be featured in magazines and keep the line current for at least six months after being published. But I think that's a disconnect between magazine publishers and fabric companies.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:51 AM

Has it come yet?
Old 03-28-2013, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by solstice3 View Post
I am in a similar bind. Trying to find all the fabrics from maywood studio (wild rose II) to make a quilt. With limited funds I am trying to find it where they sell 1/2 yd increments rather than a one yard minimum.
I found my monkey fabric at Craft Town Fabrics online. They're in Pekin, IN and I ended up calling them--812-967-8696 or 855-967-8696. url is: http://www.crafttownfabrics.com/

I had to leave a msg and they called me back. You can order small amts, e.g. 1/8 yd, 1/4 yd, etc. And they do have the Wild Rose II line, at least some of them-just ck'd their site. I think I talked to Julie. I called them rather than ordering online because I wanted to see if I could order small amounts and she was very nice. Hrs are 7:30 am to 4; Doesn't look like they have a toll free # but I have free long dist so didn't mind. Good luck!
Old 03-29-2013, 05:36 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
Has it come yet?
LOL!!! One shipment has arrived and I called the store that is shipping the largest yardages and the girl who answered the phone laughed and said she had just finished cutting the fabric and was shipping out. I am waiting now on one more yard cut of one fabric. I think I am okay now and breathing easier. The pattern I am making is the Milltown Stars pattern which appeared in the December/January 2013 issue (page 17) of McCall's Quick Quilts, using Judie Rothermel's Mill Girls Collection for Marcus Fabrics. This quilt will be a housewarming gift for one of my bests friends from high school.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:27 AM

If you have a picture or sample of the fabric you're searching for, you can ask http://www.quiltshops.com to search for it! If they find it, they will email you the URLS of shops that have it.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:19 AM

I was making a polka dot quilt with a white on white dot background. Sure enough I ran out of the background. I searched everywhere for over a year and was never able to find it. You would think that white on white dots would be pretty standard. I challenge you to find any! I've learned many of the above mentioned lessons the hard way. The quilt did eventually get finished and I'm keeping it for myself because I worked so hard finding the fabric and "making do".
Old 03-29-2013, 08:06 PM

In Houston at quilt market the vendors were taking orders for fabric for Christmas 2014. Designers get first runs of the fabric to design their quilts. To do additional runs of specific fabrics they have to make many many yards - it is rarely reprinted from what I understand.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:25 AM

I bought a Magical Christmas panel a couple of years ago while on vacation & when ready to quilt it had an awful time finding the accompanying fabrics for borders. I went on the manufacturer's website & they gave me a list of places all over the country to check for any they might have had left over. I did manage to find the one I wanted, but now it stays with us. LOL! Worked too hard to get the border/backing fabric! Good luck finding yours! Don't ever give up!
Old 04-01-2013, 02:28 PM

I do hope you get the fabrics you have set your heart on. I live in the UK I shop for my fabrics about 99% of the time at thousandofbolts as they stock the so called out of date fabric and I can get them including P&P at about half the price as in the UK, how stupid is that?