Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
and the winner is! >

and the winner is!

and the winner is!

Old 12-01-2010, 12:10 PM

Congratulations!!
Old 12-01-2010, 12:53 PM

Congratulations! Enjoy your new machine.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:58 PM

OHHH-I looked at one and thought that would be great-enjoy, have fun and sew something for me!
Old 12-01-2010, 02:26 PM

Congrats on your new machine. I've had 2 Babylocks so far and just ordered a Babylock serger. I LOVE my Esante and I'm sure you'll be very happy with your choice of machines. When I went looking to trade up from my Babylock Quilters Choice, I looked at Viking too...was not impressed for the price. Babylock has much better features and the optional feet are more affordable. My next door neighbor just bought the Symphony and really likes it. Again, I'm sure you'll be happy with your choice.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:34 PM

I recently had the same problem. My true friend Elna SU (1972) was severely misbehaving. I was confused because I bought her brand new that many years ago, and never had a problem.

Frustrated, I thought, well, no machine will last forever. With fear and panic I shopped online for two days trying to get caught up on technology. After reading many articles and reviews, and still confused about how to decide on what I could afford. I thought I better do a thorough examination.

So, took everything apart, thoroughly inspecting and methodically checking every adjustment and installing new needle - I held my breath and started testing every stitch. Guess what! I ended up with a perfect sample of all stitches and variations! Somehow I knew back then I had bought the perfect machine - told my husband I should have bought two at the time, and saved one!

I'm so glad we're both happy! Have fun - I know I will!
Old 12-01-2010, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Texasjunebug
I recently had the same problem. My true friend Elna SU (1972) was severely misbehaving. I was confused because I bought her brand new that many years ago, and never had a problem.

Frustrated, I thought, well, no machine will last forever. With fear and panic I shopped online for two days trying to get caught up on technology. After reading many articles and reviews, and still confused about how to decide on what I could afford. I thought I better do a thorough examination.

So, took everything apart, thoroughly inspecting and methodically checking every adjustment and installing new needle - I held my breath and started testing every stitch. Guess what! I ended up with a perfect sample of all stitches and variations! Somehow I knew back then I had bought the perfect machine - told my husband I should have bought two at the time, and saved one!

I'm so glad we're both happy! Have fun - I know I will!
Yep I did the same with mine, redid everything but still no luck in getting her to work. I am sad to have to replace that machine we had been friends for over 25 years. She wasn't the best on the market but she was dependable and to me that counted more then anything else.

I still have hopes that the tech can fix her but in the mean time I really need a machine to keep going with. I have to many projects that need to be done by the first of the year.

If they do fix her, I plan on using her as a traveling machine so I can take her with me when I go places and as a back up when I need it and here in the past few weeks I have had several people ask me to teach them to sew, so I can also use her in teaching others as well. I have not written her off yet.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:07 PM

Congrats on your new machine, I'm happy for you.
I got a new one 3 years ago--actually my husband took me to the store, made me sit down & go thru the sales demo with the nice lady. We left with a sweet little Janome, nothing fancy but lots more options than the straight & zig-zag stitches I was used to. I love my little machine. And I went back for 'Bring Your Own Project' Thursdays & made some great friends & quilt projects.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:31 PM

I see a bright future for the two of you...enjoy your new BFF! :thumbup:
Old 12-01-2010, 09:53 PM

congrats !!! i have been checking out sewing machines , thinking of getting a back up one and it can wear you out comparing all the machines
Old 12-02-2010, 07:14 AM

Gee I'm surprsed that your not quilting with your Designer.
I have a Husqvarna SE and can't live without it for the embroidery and quilting. Since viking is the only manufacturer with the Sensor Foot that lifts on it's own for pivots...how could you not use it for quilting? I know I wouldn't buy anything but a Viking with a Sensor foot once you have it you can't live without it...