Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Winter tease or?

  1. #1
    Super Member franie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    6,573
    Ok it is snowing today. I love the snow, so no problem. But it could be just a tease. Nevertheless, I am sewing today. It has been 3 mo since I have been able to use my Lizzie because of a broken ankle but I hope to at least get her ready today for some quilting. It is also UFO day with a small group I belong to so although I am itching to start something new, I have to stay within the rules and work towards finishing something--hmmm that's no problem. Will post some pics of the snow and some sewing later. Someone recently posted hexagon tabletoppers and I have been making those--easy and fast--will make great gifts.

  2. #2
    Senior Member MomtoBostonTerriers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    461
    Snow. Huh. Here I am in Dallas, Texas, wearing a t-shirt because it's so warm.

    Hope you knock out a few of those UFOs today. I'm working on Christmas gifts and listening to college football.

  3. #3
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,462
    Franie, I need to find a group like the one you're in.
    That would help me with my terrible habit of not finishing :D:D

  4. #4
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    Stay warm :D and I will be anxiously waiting to see your pictures :D:D:D

  5. #5
    Super Member gale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North-Central Indiana
    Posts
    4,637
    Blog Entries
    1
    You can have it! It's a glorious 59 here today (well not glorious but compared to snow it is!). My sister lives in AK but she's in southern Calif right now. I think I'll call her and tell her she's missing the snow. She'll be so heartbroken (not). :mrgreen:

  6. #6
    Power Poster RedGarnet222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Reno, Nv
    Posts
    14,474
    Hi frannie,
    Brrr .. I am not ready for snow yet. Besides I am enjoying the low electric bills. LOL!
    I put a tall oak bar stool up to my auilting table when I am tired. Can you not do that with yours?

  7. #7
    Moderator sharon b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    20,411
    Blog Entries
    10
    SNOW ! Oh but then I looked where you were --understandable now - still not ready for it here though

    Can't wait to see pics and glad you are finally able to get moving around again :thumbup:

  8. #8
    Super Member featherweight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Westminster, Co
    Posts
    2,701
    I guess I am about ready for some snow. It is a beautiful day in Co. 64 degrees right now and the sun is shining bright..

  9. #9
    Super Member dream56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Indiana, PA
    Posts
    1,403
    Blog Entries
    1
    I too am not ready for snow, but I must say Alaska is a beautiful state it's nice to see the snow on the mountains even though it is not snowing where you are. I was there in August(2000) and loved it.

  10. #10
    Super Member quilt3311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,867
    Oh, my, you just used one of those "four letter words". SNOW--or COLD or WIND grin. I hope it holds off for at least another 10 days as I have a retreat trip scheduled for the 11 - 13th. Don't want to get snowed out, now getting snowed in after we get there would be OK. grin.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Rita's mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Colorful Colorado
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by featherweight
    I guess I am about ready for some snow. It is a beautiful day in Co. 64 degrees right now and the sun is shining bright..
    Love your blue featherweight!

  12. #12
    Super Member featherweight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Westminster, Co
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    Quote Originally Posted by featherweight
    I guess I am about ready for some snow. It is a beautiful day in Co. 64 degrees right now and the sun is shining bright..
    Love your blue featherweight!
    Thank you Ritas mom. Are you close to Westminster in Co?

  13. #13
    Senior Member Rita's mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Colorful Colorado
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by featherweight
    Quote Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    Quote Originally Posted by featherweight
    I guess I am about ready for some snow. It is a beautiful day in Co. 64 degrees right now and the sun is shining bright..
    Love your blue featherweight!
    Thank you Ritas mom. Are you close to Westminster in Co?
    I am in Berthoud, it is about 30 minutes away, but I lived in Westminister when I was young. (80th & Sheridan)

  14. #14
    Super Member featherweight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Westminster, Co
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    Quote Originally Posted by featherweight
    Quote Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    Quote Originally Posted by featherweight
    I guess I am about ready for some snow. It is a beautiful day in Co. 64 degrees right now and the sun is shining bright..
    Love your blue featherweight!
    Thank you Ritas mom. Are you close to Westminster in Co?
    I am in Berthoud, it is about 30 minutes away, but I lived in Westminister when I was young. (80th & Sheridan)
    I am right off of 92nd Sheridan. I know right where Berthoud is. Great Chicken Resturant. I think it is still there.

  15. #15
    Super Member luv-e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    2,591
    Frani, I wish you could send it my way. I LOVE the snow. It really gets me motivated to sew .
    Glad to here you are able to stand now. Probably seams forever for you. Take Care........................

  16. #16
    Super Member purplefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Round Rock,Texas
    Posts
    6,134
    Quote Originally Posted by MomtoBostonTerriers
    Snow. Huh. Here I am in Dallas, Texas, wearing a t-shirt because it's so warm.

    Hope you knock out a few of those UFOs today. I'm working on Christmas gifts and listening to college football.
    I'm in Round Rock,Texas and wearing t-shirt,shorts and sandals, its 85f today. I'll be sewing paper pieced kite blocks later on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.