Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Withdrawal symptoms >

Withdrawal symptoms

Withdrawal symptoms

Old 06-29-2010, 04:39 AM

That's why I have 4 sewing machines:
1. the modern machine (Viking Rose)
2. a Featherweight (back up to modern and to take to meetings)
3. a hand crank (for when the power goes out)
4. a treadle (for when the power goes out and the hand crank is in for servicing).
Old 06-29-2010, 05:23 AM

I am spending most of the summer in northern Michigan at my starter farm. I would bring a machine here and have other times, but there is no where to put it and work. Too many people and kids. I worry too much that my projects will get damaged so I leave it all behind and now I am rethinking that I may not be here as much this summer. I have even concidered building a seperate building/sewing shed. ----- Desperate to sew/quilt may mean desperate measures.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I miss mine when they go for fixing or when they die but there's always another in the closet waiting to take it's place.
very pretty quilt in your avatar...
Old 06-29-2010, 06:10 AM

I have 3 machines set up in my sewing room. When I first started quilting I had to send it to be repaired. I swore I would never have just 1 machine. I also have another for classes and when I go on a retreat I always take 2 just in case. My DH says it's overkill, I say it's smart :lol:
Old 06-29-2010, 06:29 AM

I'm into the overkill myself. My sewing room has four machines set up that can be used at anytime...there is also a serger and embroidery machine there. I have two machines for backup and two travel machines. I leave one machine in our storage closet, a large classroom, at the church where our guild meets and have loaned one to my son in another town. Let's see that is nine machines and a serger...OH WAIT...I forgot about the two treadle machines I have in my storage shed that both work...I just don't have room for them in my sewing room...have thought about bringing one in for use when the power is off, but light would be a problem for my aging eyes...LOL>
Old 06-29-2010, 06:32 AM

Oh my I can't count today...that's eleven machines, two treadles and a serger!!! No wonder my DH says NO everytime I say I want a long arm...LOL!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Kherrin
I'm into the overkill myself. My sewing room has four machines set up that can be used at anytime...there is also a serger and embroidery machine there. I have two machines for backup and two travel machines. I leave one machine in our storage closet, a large classroom, at the church where our guild meets and have loaned one to my son in another town. Let's see that is nine machines and a serger...OH WAIT...I forgot about the two treadle machines I have in my storage shed that both work...I just don't have room for them in my sewing room...have thought about bringing one in for use when the power is off, but light would be a problem for my aging eyes...LOL>
All I can say is WOW :thumbup:
Old 06-29-2010, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by sewgull
Where in NC?
World of Bernina in Raleigh
Old 06-29-2010, 06:22 PM

Nope, that is one of the reasons I have eight machines.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:47 PM

I know what you mean. In march I fell in the garage and I had 2 cookie sheets in my hand (we have a stove and a frig and 2 freezers) and when i fell my middle finger went between them and cut the end of my finger off and fingernail. I only had a small piece holding everything together. Of course went and they sewed it back on. Any way it didn't hurt, i didn't get upset.
Well anyway one week later my Viking 500 blew up. I was so upset I set and cried over the sewing machine and my husband couldn't understand it.
I have a 1949 machine from Sears and Roebuck my mom bought it a few months before i was borned. It will sew ANYTHING. It also take almost 2 people 2 pick it up.
I have my grandmothers Singer I think about a 1955.
Singer Fashion Mate, Embrodiery machine and a serger. But he was so kind and let me buy a Viking Sapphire. oh yes I also have an industrial machine in the garage that my father just gave me. He used to sew tack at the race track. Guess What I NEED A BIGGER ROOM!!!!!