Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wonder clips >

Wonder clips

Wonder clips

Old 07-19-2016, 02:21 AM

I love the wonder clips but do not use for piecing...mostly use red small ones for holding down binding and use large green ones for holding lining and exterior together when I topstitch bags and totes. When piecing I use very small straight pins ...they seem to hold pieces together at seams without distortion....hope this helps you...
Old 07-19-2016, 02:52 AM
Power Poster

I have never heard of these Wonder clips. What is the difference between these clips and the Clover clips??
Old 07-19-2016, 03:26 AM

Default Clips

Originally Posted by ontheriver View Post
I also use them for EPPing to hold together while I sew. I bought mine at Joanns with coupon but just recently I saw some a quiltersmart.com, very inexpensive, so plan to buy more.
Ontheriver please let us know your experience with quiltersmart Is the company based in the United States and ok to use. Never used them before. Please let us know. You could email me if you would like @. [email protected]. They have some great deals I agree
Old 07-19-2016, 03:57 AM

I use them to clip the pieces together after I cut them. Not for actually sewing
Old 07-19-2016, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I have never heard of these Wonder clips. What is the difference between these clips and the Clover clips??
I think people are using the term "wonder clips" to refer to any brand of the clips much like "kleenex", "q-tip" etc are used. These are actually brand names Kleenex, Q-Tip and so on. Wonder Clips are Clover's brand name for their clips and they would probably object to the use of the term just like other manufacturers fight to keep their brand identity.

I have some Clover Wonder Clips which can be a bit pricey and I also have some Super Clips which I got for much less off Amazon. A container of 70 didn't cost much more than a pack of 10 Wonder Clips. They look basically the same and serve the same purpose. Both are wonderful to use in holding things together.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:03 AM

I use the one inch clips and love them. I have just one set of 10 and that is sufficient for me when binding a quilt. I put them about 3 inches apart and then move them along as I hand stitch the back side of the binding. I keep them in my little bag of hand hand quilting supplies: thread, needles, crane scissors and thimbles. Quick and easy. I do use the little measurements on the back of the clips. They also make wonderful cat toys.... so take care. You may have to go searching under the couch for the elusive wonder clip that ran off with the help of a playful kitty!
Old 07-19-2016, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
I use the small red ones to fold over the binding before sewing it down. Never used them for piecing---just pins.
I use them in this way also
Old 07-19-2016, 06:04 AM

They are on sale today at quilting day.com
Old 07-19-2016, 06:08 AM
Power Poster

I tried the cheaper brand and they were okay but the Clover brand was easier to open with one hand and were much smoother. I could tell the difference.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
I use the small red ones to fold over the binding before sewing it down. Never used them for piecing---just pins.
I also use them with binding. I love them. Never thought of using them for piecing...

Dina