Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Woo Hoo - Up and running again

I'm guilty as well. Hadn't realized how much I check on the board until it was down!
    Quote Originally Posted by diannemc
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Oh gosh I thought I was gonna die! It seemed like forever. I didn't get anything done.
    R U serious??? Same here but I was afraid to tell anyone lol :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    Me too! I kept checking and checking!!

Blog Entries
    Way too funny! I checked once this morning and gave up till just now. I used the time to take an on-line course in something non-quilting and finished 4 lessons. Shows me how much time I w- spend on the board!

Yep, I'm ADDICTED !!!! I don't know how many times I checked. LOL

Went back to finish the last two rows of quilting on UFO and found 6 more. Boo!

Blog Entries
    I made the mistake and went shopping. Costly but fun.

MEEE TOOO....glad it is up and running.....phewwwww

I was having withdrawal symptoms too! Gosh are we ever a bunch of addicts!

From 10 to 1 PM, I worked on 4 totes, then kept checking to see if it was back up. Didn't really get up and running for me until about 2:30!!!

Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!
    haa haa, I was it went down for maintenance, and got a nice relaxing nap :) felt great!

I'm just sew glad we're all back together again. I was having separation anxiety. All better now. Ahhhh.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I had a sorta productive day, for me. I limped up the lane with my bag of trash, a bag of compost material from the kitchen and a bag of stale bread for her chickens. Some of them are old hens that I kept for my daughter for a year and a half while they got their new house built, one, a silky seems to have a ruptured crop and we didn't think she would live long, so now all the rest of the flock are gone except her and a speckled hen who is one of the originals. It is always fun for me to throw scraps for the chickens. Put compost stuff on her garden area, limped back and read my electric meter, something I dread, especially this winter and came in sent my reading flying away on the web and proceeded to start fixing a real dinner, for a change. Oh, and somewhere in between other chores, I finished quilting a table runner for my youngest daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by almostfree
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    I was beginning to have withdrawal symptoms :lol:
    ditto...I clicked on it this afternoon and it wasn't up; I wondered what I was going to do this evening!!! LOL
    Have to confess, after I put dinner in the oven, I checked and the board wasn't back up yet and it was over the time frame, even considering we are 3 hours later than Pacific time and I had an awful thought: What if they just told us they were going to do maintenance and they decided to give the board up and this is it...no more quilting board. I did not want to do any more thinking after that awful though, so got busy again. Can you just imagine?

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darlin121
    I'm guilty as well. Hadn't realized how much I check on the board until it was down!
    Quote Originally Posted by diannemc
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Oh gosh I thought I was gonna die! It seemed like forever. I didn't get anything done.
    R U serious??? Same here but I was afraid to tell anyone lol :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    Me too! I kept checking and checking!!
    I wasn't kidding!! I had to take DD to the Dr. and thought well I will be alright til I get home but the office had Wi-Fi and I was on til the board shut down. When I got home I kept checking to see if it was back up.

It ended up being 20 more rows. But that is done. Now to trim strings, then add binding. Almost done and I can see daylight. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Yooper32
    I had a sorta productive day, for me. I limped up the lane with my bag of trash, a bag of compost material from the kitchen and a bag of stale bread for her chickens. Some of them are old hens that I kept for my daughter for a year and a half while they got their new house built, one, a silky seems to have a ruptured crop and we didn't think she would live long, so now all the rest of the flock are gone except her and a speckled hen who is one of the originals. It is always fun for me to throw scraps for the chickens. Put compost stuff on her garden area, limped back and read my electric meter, something I dread, especially this winter and came in sent my reading flying away on the web and proceeded to start fixing a real dinner, for a change. Oh, and somewhere in between other chores, I finished quilting a table runner for my youngest daughter.
    So how did you use your spare time? :lol:

Thank God that I was scheduled to work while the maintenance was going on. Don't think I could have stood being disconnected from my family.

I seldom read the site after nine a.m., or before six p.m., so the update time didn't bother me, at all. Usually I start my day with the friends here, and then get busy on the few chores around the house that a very retired couple generate. Mostly it is cooking or laundry, and I don't mind doing them, and in the afternoons, I sew. piecefully, the old one

Blog Entries
    Well, I had to go get thread for the "Papaya" prom dress. Of course Wally World had orange or red, no papaya and no cheap sheets in the clearance aisle. So off I went to my LQS, closer than Joann's, and got papaya quilting thread. Hey! It matches. How many times is she going to wear this thing anyway?!?! Stopped to get gas for the truck and had an old man flirt with me. He was about 70. Mind you, I will be 70 on my next birthday. But I like to think I look a LOT younger than that. :roll: :roll: Anyhow I ended up doing the hems, lining and outside on the serger, does a beautiful rolled edge. It was a lot faster than trying to iron a perfect rolled hem and stitch on the sewing machine. Made myself a nice chicken dinner and back on the board in the evening. Today it's back to normal.

Blog Entries
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    I was beginning to have withdrawal symptoms :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Farm Quilter
    I was very productive while QB was down. I took my daughter to the airport and sent her off on her deployment to Afghanistan, came back to her apartment and cleaned the whole thing and did 2 loads of laundry. I picked my sewing machine up from the hospital on the way home so at least I'll be able to sew!
    Will be praying for your daughter's safe return.

Seems ok this morning.....yaaaaa!! :-D

Blog Entries
    GOD BLESS YOUR DAUGHTER!

Quote Originally Posted by Farm Quilter
    I was very productive while QB was down. I took my daughter to the airport and sent her off on her deployment to Afghanistan, came back to her apartment and cleaned the whole thing and did 2 loads of laundry. I picked my sewing machine up from the hospital on the way home so at least I'll be able to sew!

Blog Entries
    So glad to see we are all happy once again, this Board is running smoothly again, and shall remain that way, due to the maintenance and moderator's fine work....we are lucky, some sites do maintenance once a week, and down for 4 hrs.

Blog Entries
    i know i did, i kept staring at the computer

Blog Entries
    While the board was down for maintenance, I did the only thing a girl could do...I went to my LQS for some retail therapy! :thumbup: so the time down wasn't a total loss!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast