Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Woo-Hoo We have fabric back in our Walmart!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Crafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkbutterflyquilter
    Must have been a Man that thought of it! ROFL!!!!
    Funny you should mention that. My daughter travels to Bentonville a couple times a year, since she is a manager for Hanes Brands. When she questioned (at my urging) what happened to the fabric, she was told that it was INDEED a man that had the final say-so. It figures. Maybe a WOMAN should discontinue the sporting goods or automotive department? Wonder how that would fly?
    LOL I'm with you on that one Sporting goods and Automotive
    must go... :lol:

Walmart should know that a nice fabric department will get us girls in their stores and then we look at other things they sell and buy even more.

Maybe there's hope here in Kannapolis, NC for our Walmart to bring back the fabric dept.
    What a blessing that would be.

Guess this will makes lots of you happy. I never buy fabric except at the LQS. I prefer the better fabrics if I am going to spend my time quilting. Heard to many horror stories about Joann and Walmart fabrics from other guild members.

Hey I hope they get it back here. The quilt stores have to make a profit but most charge between 7-10$ a yard. for some of us on fixed income that gets to be a lot,when we want to make large quilts

Sewgirl, you are from Cape.. me too..... How long have you been quilting? Do you belong to the quilting quild? Hope to hear from you

Wish I was so lucky w/ my WM :thumbup:

Well, the one WM in Pearland Texas that had fabric has now gone to the precut fabric. I stopped in the other day looking for I Spy fabrics and was told they had taken the fabric out and had precuts. This is the store that had put fabric back in due to alot of customer requests. I just read that profits are down for WM, could it have anything to do with the fabric. I know I don't go in there very much since fabric is not there.

Your's comes back just as mine goes away...makes no sense! I thought I would not be affected by it's demise, but I must admit, I miss it terribly...they have even cut back on the notions.

4L
    We have a brand new Walmart and Sam's that just opened this month. I have not been there yet to see if they have a fabric dept. I hope so as I frequently shop one 30 miles away for their great fabric and craft dept. Our old local one(WM) was too crowded(with stuff)) and messy to get my business. I will let you know what I find...

I don't think our Walmart will ever get it back. I will have to check it out next week. Will be in Portageville for a family reunion and we always hit Wally world at Cape G.

Blog Entries
    Our local Walmart Manager told me yesterday that Walmart has given that whole 'no fabric" a re-think. They got way too many complaints! Yippee!

The lady at our Wal Mart said that their dept manager bought several special orders of fabric for some specials beginning tomorrow. Don't know if this is permanent or perhaps a test.

sorry cape dosnt have fabric , oh i forgot they just got 5 yard pre cuts last week not real good

I have a friend who works in the office of one of our local Wal-Marts. It costs them too much to keep a person "working" in the fabric dept to cut fabric when someone might want it. We only have one store anywhere around that still has fabric. It is not close and I haven't been there. I am blessed. I live 10 minutes from M&L Fabrics in Buena Park, California. That is were Knott's Berryfarm is, not far from Disneyland. They have 100% cotton for 2.98 to 4.98, besides there regualar quilt fabric at 8.98 to 9.98. There is also flatfold for 1.98. Besides JoAnns this is the only fabric store we have within a 30 minute drive. We do have quilt stores, but they don't carry sewing stuff. If you are every here for Disney or Knottt's try to get by. I have talked to women who have walked in and been so overwhelmed that they turned around and left.

Power Poster
    I sent them a letter recently and I hope they bring it back to my 2 walmarts.

Sent the note to WM via their website and got the "form letter" response that someone else quoted on another thread.

I pretty much told them they needed to pay more attention to what their customers wanted and less to some trendy great idea on paper that had no relation to their real customer base.

Oh and I mentioned how much I appreciated the nice fabric department at the WM closest to me, and how much I wished all of them were that way.

I believe you are right. I was in our WM yesterday, and low and behold, the fabric is back. YAY

Quote Originally Posted by MaryStoaks
    My quilting buddy/neighbor just called me from our local Walmart and said the fabric is back! I have to get over there in the morning to see what they have. She said there is fabric on the bolt and a cutting table and a lot of fabric! Maybe our emails were read by someone. :-P :-P :thumbup:
    Last week our Salem, OR Walmart mgr. told me that the fabric dept. will be there for a year, maybe longer. She said, to keep calling the 1-800 #. It's worked for that store. There's even more to fabric to choose from too. :thumbup:

I checked this week and our store had a dozen or so cheap, crappy, looking FQ's. The weave was awful, looked like a bad dye job, and I wouldn't make my dogs anything from it. They had a jelly-roll or two also. Otherwise, nothing.

Hope the fabric they bring in for you is worth it.

I was at our local Walmart last night and noticed their fabrice area is REALLY small now -- there was a sign that said "we no longer cut fabrice, price is by the bolt". There was NO ONE anywhere around to ask if they were completely getting rid of that dept or just "re-arranging" like the rest of the store. Guess I will have to give them a call!

Quote Originally Posted by ewhughe1
    Our fabric is still in our store. We will be remodeling the first of the year thereabouts and that is when we are suppose to loose our fabric. I hope they change their mind. I would have to drive at least 1 hour to buy fabric. So far Walmart has covered almost everyone of my needs as far as purchases go. I don't want them to change from who they were! I want it to be like it was when Sam was alive! Just think of all the customers that will not drive in traffic because they can not. Who will be there for them and how will they get their fabric.
    Which Walmart in Atlanta sells fabric? I was told they removed the fabric dept from all the Walmarts in Atlanta.

All over we customers have complained. Maybe they will return to other ares as well. Hope so. I'm in central Fl & no return yet. When I registered my complaint online I reminded them about the big mistake Coca-Cola made when they "fixed" their formula when it wasn't "broken" a few years back.

Dee
    Thats great news. Maybe all our letters and petitions actually impacted Wally. Hope so anyway. Hope they open again here in So. East PA.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madamekelly
    Our local Walmart Manager told me yesterday that Walmart has given that whole 'no fabric" a re-think. They got way too many complaints! Yippee!
    Walmart should know better than to mess with people who play with sharp things as a hobby!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast