Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Would you believe I did it again!!! >

Would you believe I did it again!!!

Would you believe I did it again!!!

Old 08-26-2010, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by fuail
I tell my sewing students on the first day that the seam ripper is their Best Friend! I think I'll name him Jack now, too!

Eyebrow razors? YIKES! I usually just ignore mine, and they're pretty substantial - just don't like the pain....but maybe I'll pick some up to use for my (frequent) un-sewing

How come I could give birth 7 times with no meds, but can't stand having my eyebrows done? Even "threading" which my dd told me didn't hurt as much, really DID!
I learned a trick years ago for dealing with the family unibrow. Take a wrung out, hot wash cloth, (tap water! No microwaves here ladies...), and hold it to the eyebrow area for a couple minutes. You can now pluck pain free. It takes a few minutes longer for my sister to feel no pain, so adjust to you. You're welcome. Anything I can do to prevent pain, is my pleasure. ;)

P. S. Do not do this just before you leave the house. I did once and spent the first half hour of a party explaining why my eyebrows were bright red. (After that, so was my face!) LOL!
Old 08-26-2010, 11:23 PM

Eyebrows? What eyebrows. I wish I had some to pluck. Mine all headed for my chin.
When I read this Lucy , I got a big laugh!!!!!!!! That's what happens when we get older huh? Join the crowd.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:11 AM

I use moisturizer all the time and have found that there is literally no pain when I do mine with the tweezers. I must be used to it now so there is NO pain at all. The moisturizer must soften and open the pores so you can remove the hair.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:39 PM

I am so sorry, I just call myself a rippin good time since I spend a lot of time doing it. LOL