Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wouldn't it be a nice idea, when posting a picture to.... >

Wouldn't it be a nice idea, when posting a picture to....

Wouldn't it be a nice idea, when posting a picture to....

Old 10-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Power Poster

Very good idea. I will try to remember
Old 10-29-2011, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by debcavan
Very good idea. I will try to remember
Thanks. I actually just created a topic with this tip so that maybe it will get to more people. Any tips that anyone has to better navigate this board--please post them!
Old 10-30-2011, 07:28 AM

This is a great idea but I still think the person who did the original post could edit their first post to include the information. That way the people who only read the first post and don't wish to read all the comments, would be able to find the information easily. It's more work for the person posting so easier to include that information at the onset. I can believe that many would not want to presume that others might want their pattern's name and that could be why they don't initially include it. If someone doesn't want to share that information, they could put something such as "an original pattern that I'd rather not share" and then others could respect that too. I like to read the comments but realize that many don't have the time or the interest to do so.
Originally Posted by Grambi
What I do when I see a quilt (or whatever) and want to find out the pattern name but don't want to read through pages and pages of posts to see if it has been answered is:

--Go to the profile of the person who made the quilt

--Click on the blue "list" by "messages posted"

--Scan through the messages to see if she or he has answered the question.

It helps to know the title of the thread in case the person has posted bunches of messages. Then you can look for any messages that she has posted relating to the topic she created.

Is this clear as mud??:):)
Old 10-30-2011, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Ceil
This is a great idea but I still think the person who did the original post could edit their first post to include the information. That way the people who only read the first post and don't wish to read all the comments, would be able to find the information easily. It's more work for the person posting so easier to include that information at the onset. I can believe that many would not want to presume that others might want their pattern's name and that could be why they don't initially include it. If someone doesn't want to share that information, they could put something such as "an original pattern that I'd rather not share" and then others could respect that too. I like to read the comments but realize that many don't have the time or the interest to do so.
Originally Posted by Grambi
What I do when I see a quilt (or whatever) and want to find out the pattern name but don't want to read through pages and pages of posts to see if it has been answered is:

--Go to the profile of the person who made the quilt

--Click on the blue "list" by "messages posted"

--Scan through the messages to see if she or he has answered the question.

It helps to know the title of the thread in case the person has posted bunches of messages. Then you can look for any messages that she has posted relating to the topic she created.

Is this clear as mud??:):)
I thought there was only a smally window of time in which you could go back and edit a post (30 min or so). Am I wrong?
Old 10-30-2011, 08:15 AM

yep. reading what's there is key.

Originally Posted by Rose L
And wouldn't it be nice if all of us could read what has already been posted? Often I see that the OP has given the information in a post later in the thread and the question of what, where, how continues to be asked for another ten pages. Grrr ;)
Old 10-30-2011, 09:39 AM

Bambi, It seems that you are right and I am wrong! I just checked my post above and there was no way to modify it! Well, that might be something to ask for on the new board! Sorry!

"I thought there was only a smally window of time in which you could go back and edit a post (30 min or so). Am I wrong?"
Old 10-30-2011, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by clsurz
Since when is it a requirement to read comments and respond to something we may have posted? Since when is it a requirement to list pattern info or respond to anything.

What is this a dicatorship that we must do as others request or demand? I think not!

Some folks like to post a "show and tell" and never go back to the topic so what, it's there right to do so.
Yes, it is their right and this is not a dictatorship, but for myself, I love reading what others have written about the quilt pictures I have posted - we all enjoy positive strokes! Courtesy drives me to answer questions and requests.

I like the idea of having easy access to the names of patterns and designers that the very talented members of this board use and I love having my socks knocked off by those who need no pattern to create such beauty!
Old 10-30-2011, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ceil
Bambi, It seems that you are right and I am wrong! I just checked my post above and there was no way to modify it! Well, that might be something to ask for on the new board! Sorry!

"I thought there was only a smally window of time in which you could go back and edit a post (30 min or so). Am I wrong?"
Actually, I'm wondering if you CAN edit the beginning message longer. Patrice is answering new questions in the "Important Announcement" about the board changes and she is editing her original post to answer those questions. So maybe the originator of a post can go back and add information. Or maybe she is able to because of her Moderator status and she has a special "key" to get in and do it. We will definately need to find this out.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:58 PM
lgc

If I ever finish something again, I will try to apply the "golden rule" and post info of quilts as I wish others to do. :thumbup:

Thanks for the reminder!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:28 PM

Hi, featherweight, this is nanamoms who was just PM'ing with you. I responded but got the message that your PM's had reach maximum and you would need to clear your Inbox/Sent to allow more PMs to come thru.

Hopefully you will read this post!!! can't post my email addy here for you!!!!!!!!!!