Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Wouldn't you know. . .

Wouldn't you know. . .

I made my version of the Island Chain I saw on here (sorry cant get my phone to let go of its pictures LOL). Thought DD would like it. She took one look at it and said "Looks like a rainbow threw up on it!"
    She saw a Carpenters Star (Wheel?) I was doing and requested it in blue and green so I did that. Now to get it sandwiched and quilted.
    So I get to keep the Island Chain!
    legendarycandles.com
    Just discovered I qualify for FABLE (Fabric Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy)

Isn't it funny how honest kids are? My husband has yet to say he actually likes a quilt I have made but my boys will give me a variety of opinions.

Too funny, but we are all different and we know what we like and at least she was honest, gotta love that!!!!

Each to our own. At least she was honest and you'd rather give her a quilt she 'll cherish and use instead of one she accepts but puts away and forgets.
    Wayne & Gabriele, the married quilters.

Oh my goodness oops!!! Glad it all worked out!!!!

I would rather they be honest. To see a quilt being used is the greatest gift. My son LOVES his quilts, he uses them daily. As a child he swiped my graduation quilt. My mother made me a butterfly applique quilt for graduation. My son "borrowed" it when he was 3 and dragged it around until high school, then it went back to grandma for repairs and retirement. At 17 he re-appropriated another quilt made by grandma from my bedroom, one made from calendar tea towels...that one had to be repaired and retired last year. Grandma made him a scrappy quilt for work (he works in the oil field) and I made him one for home. He is an only child and does NOT like sharing his quilts, at all. I hope to have one completed for his fiance soon!

Oh I'm very glad she let me know what she really wanted! I just was surprised at her comment. Don't know why, because she has always said whatever pops into her head. LOL!