Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wow call me crazy I changed my mind!!! ( longarm)

Always trust your instincts! Sometimes we just know what is best for us!

Blog Entries
    You so made the right decision. I question anyone who states that the Tin Lizzie does not have more problems than other LA Machines. But another big issure is when I had many, many, problems with my now 2 1/2 year old TL, I got no support from the home office. They did not answer my e-mails or my phone call. Probably because I wanted a new machine from the beginning of my problems. A Viking Tech. finally took my TL apart and got it working great by replacing most of the electronics, at my expense of course. Now I like it a lot, but no one should have to spend 2 years going through what I went through. I have stopped so many people at different quilt shows from buying a TL. I just take them aside and tell them my experience. I will never stop trying to guide people away from the frustration and grief that lasted 2 years. I only wish the TL big wigs knew what I was doing maybe then they would finally contact me.

Each of us is unique and I feel different machines are better for different people. You made a wise decision for YOU, you are the one who will be using whatever machine you purchase and you won't use it if you don't like it. Just my 2 cents.
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

I bought my Hinterberg frame off of CL a few months ago. The Lady had it set up and showed us how to take it apart. She also had very detailed instructions on how to assemble it. The cat and I had it set up in about an hour or so.
    My machine (Bailey Home Quilter 15 pro) is due here next Tuesday. I have about 2200 to 2300 dollars invested in it all total.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Quote Originally Posted by topstitch View Post
    You so made the right decision. I question anyone who states that the Tin Lizzie does not have more problems than other LA Machines. But another big issure is when I had many, many, problems with my now 2 1/2 year old TL, I got no support from the home office. They did not answer my e-mails or my phone call. Probably because I wanted a new machine from the beginning of my problems. A Viking Tech. finally took my TL apart and got it working great by replacing most of the electronics, at my expense of course. Now I like it a lot, but no one should have to spend 2 years going through what I went through. I have stopped so many people at different quilt shows from buying a TL. I just take them aside and tell them my experience. I will never stop trying to guide people away from the frustration and grief that lasted 2 years. I only wish the TL big wigs knew what I was doing maybe then they would finally contact me.

Wow poor u thats crazy glad u got it working!
    ELIZAJANE

Blog Entries
    I think you will love the HQ sixteen. I had the first HQ sixteen that came out loved it. Moved sold it, moved to a
    A-1 had it four years, went back to HQ Fusion loving it I can use any thread. My A-1 would not take a lot of thread.

Quote Originally Posted by kittiebug View Post
    I think you will love the HQ sixteen. I had the first HQ sixteen that came out loved it. Moved sold it, moved to a
    A-1 had it four years, went back to HQ Fusion loving it I can use any thread. My A-1 would not take a lot of thread.
    I was told to use the king tut with my sweet 16 so I'll prob stick to that
    ELIZAJANE

Blog Entries
    Hope you let us know how things go with the Sweet 16 - I planned to get one last year, but other things came up - We are having the Minnesota Quilt Show here in Rochester next week, and I can't wait to see if the Sweet 16 will be there, or what other machines will catch my eye - I need a sit down type too.

Quote Originally Posted by pjnesler View Post
    Hope you let us know how things go with the Sweet 16 - I planned to get one last year, but other things came up - We are having the Minnesota Quilt Show here in Rochester next week, and I can't wait to see if the Sweet 16 will be there, or what other machines will catch my eye - I need a sit down type too.
    I am also going to the MN Quilt Show this week, even though I live about 3 1/2 hours away. (Any hints about where I should park? That is my biggest fear about going.). Anyway, I would think that HQ wiould have their Sweet Sixteen Sit Down machien there that day. I think HQ is a sponsor for the show, also, so I would think they would halve all their products there.. If I ever have to get rid of my long arm for any reason, I will be buying a Sweet Sixteen Sit-down (even though I own an APQS longarm). I think the Sweet Sixteen sit down is an awesome machien for anyone who quilts--but doesn't have space (or $) for a long arm set up. Have fun at the MN Quilt Show.

Quote Originally Posted by pjnesler View Post
    I have honestly heard they are the best sit down machine out there p,us now u can buy the stitch regulator to go with it
    ELIZAJANE

I tried out a sweet sixteen sitdown and LOVED it. Thats what i would go for also.

I got to take a class at LQS on a Handiquilter with a friend who had previosly used aTin Lizzie and she said she thought the HQ was so much better. Even a nube like me was able to do pretty well on the HQ.

I love, love, love my Sweet Sixteen.

Kathie

Blog Entries
    I took a couple of long arm classes when looking for a longarm machine. The teacher told me that the Tin Lizzy's are harder to use and learn on. She said they can be troublesome, but once her students got used to them they were okay, but not easy for a beginner - frustrated her students so much they were not enjoying the process. Handiquilter has a great website and customer support. Most Handiquilter dealers will come out and set up your machine for you and give you a lesson. Check with your dealer to see what their policy is. I have two dealers near me (one south of me and one north of me). One dealer would set it up and give an in home lesson and continued support for the same price as the other dealer who just sent it home with you and you were on your own to set it up and learn. So, check out what your dealers offer.
    Robin
    robinsquiltingroom.blogspot.com
    Southern California

Definitely buy with dealer backing. I had tried both the Tin Lizzie and the HQ. I would have chosen the HQ over the Tin Lizzie. I was able to afford an Innova, but I definitely considered the HQ over the Lizzie, if I couldn't buy the Innova. The HQ felt like a better machine. When my old LQS started carrying a home LA (they have 2 Gammills in store), they chose to carry HQ's.

One of the LQS's near my house changed from a Tin Lizzie dealer (which they also rented time on the store machine) to a Gammill dealer (also renting time on the store machine after taking a store class).

Quote Originally Posted by rrhaigh View Post
    I took a couple of long arm classes when looking for a longarm machine. The teacher told me that the Tin Lizzy's are harder to use and learn on. She said they can be troublesome, but once her students got used to them they were okay, but not easy for a beginner - frustrated her students so much they were not enjoying the process. Handiquilter has a great website and customer support. Most Handiquilter dealers will come out and set up your machine for you and give you a lesson. Check with your dealer to see what their policy is. I have two dealers near me (one south of me and one north of me). One dealer would set it up and give an in home lesson and continued support for the same price as the other dealer who just sent it home with you and you were on your own to set it up and learn. So, check out what your dealers offer.

Thanks for the info that is good to know & confirmed my fears about tin Lizzie . Thx!
    ELIZAJANE

Quote Originally Posted by caspharm View Post
    Definitely buy with dealer backing. I had tried both the Tin Lizzie and the HQ. I would have chosen the HQ over the Tin Lizzie. I was able to afford an Innova, but I definitely considered the HQ over the Lizzie, if I couldn't buy the Innova. The HQ felt like a better machine. When my old LQS started carrying a home LA (they have 2 Gammills in store), they chose to carry HQ's.

One of the LQS's near my house changed from a Tin Lizzie dealer (which they also rented time on the store machine) to a Gammill dealer (also renting time on the store machine after taking a store class).

Innovas are great that's my dream long arm
    ELIZAJANE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2