Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WOW!  I still can't believe my luck >

WOW! I still can't believe my luck

WOW! I still can't believe my luck

Old 11-27-2011, 05:14 PM
  #11  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cadillac, MI
Posts: 6,487
Default

You sold the Elna??? I'm shocked. I have the purple Kenmore in hiding around here. High shank attachments and needles aren't hard to find. I remember having tension problems with mine. That's what drove me to buy my Elna. I have used the Kenmore for SITD quilting and it behaved then.

Enjoy yours.
irishrose is offline  
Old 11-27-2011, 05:18 PM
  #12  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Outer Space
Posts: 9,320
Default

Why do you think it takes a special needle? It shouldn't.
Candace is offline  
Old 11-27-2011, 05:33 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
cheaha39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Munford, Alabama
Posts: 798
Default

You are a shopper and a busy one, you did good.
cheaha39 is offline  
Old 11-27-2011, 06:05 PM
  #14  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 1,102
Default

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Why do you think it takes a special needle? It shouldn't.
The flat side is to the right and you thread it from back to front.
AshleyR is offline  
Old 11-27-2011, 06:06 PM
  #15  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 1,102
Default

Originally Posted by JMCDA View Post
I ♥ your purple sewing machine!
Thanks! I told my husband, "I know this is awful, because I see the green one every time I walk in and out of the house, but I want a purple one!"
AshleyR is offline  
Old 11-27-2011, 06:09 PM
  #16  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 1,102
Default

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
You sold the Elna??? I'm shocked. I have the purple Kenmore in hiding around here. High shank attachments and needles aren't hard to find. I remember having tension problems with mine. That's what drove me to buy my Elna. I have used the Kenmore for SITD quilting and it behaved then.

Enjoy yours.
I did sell Elna. Someone offered to buy it for more than I got it for, and I thought I'd found true love with the Juki... so how could I say no?! She was a great sewer, tho. I hope "Kenny" does as well. No more than I sew, I need to stop collecting!
AshleyR is offline  
Old 11-27-2011, 06:11 PM
  #17  
Super Member
 
Mitch's mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 1,443
Default

You don't need a special needle for the purple Kenmore. It takes the same class 15 needle as the other machines you have had.

May I ask why you feel you don't deserve a 700.00 sewing machine? Sew on the Juki. It is a great machine, much better than any other machine you have brought home to date. If you keep neglecting it, I'm going to have to come show you how to use it. Don't make me come down there!
Mitch's mom is offline  
Old 11-27-2011, 06:23 PM
  #18  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 1,102
Default

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom View Post
You don't need a special needle for the purple Kenmore. It takes the same class 15 needle as the other machines you have had.

May I ask why you feel you don't deserve a 700.00 sewing machine? Sew on the Juki. It is a great machine, much better than any other machine you have brought home to date. If you keep neglecting it, I'm going to have to come show you how to use it. Don't make me come down there!
Oh please come! Please come!! I've offered to help you with your hand-quilting in exchange!

The Juki is a good one. Really good. I made my kid a pair of pants the other day, and it made the process so simple! Usually I'm frustrated and hatin' it, but it did all the work and all I had to do was feed it the fabric.

It's not that I don't deserve it, I just don't use it and don't see me using it anymore than I would use a $20 machine. It would be like having a $2,000 oven to cook my frozen pizzas in haha. Besides, I'm afraid I'd mess it up. I'm not afraid to mess up a machine that I can afford to replace right away.
AshleyR is offline  
Old 11-27-2011, 06:49 PM
  #19  
Super Member
 
Mitch's mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 1,443
Default

You are not going to mess it up. Why be frustrated with a 20.00 machine. You yourself said how nice it was to sew the pants and not be frustrated. If a machine is a pleasure to use, you will use it and it won't just sit collecting dust.

I'm thinking your 158. prefix machines were made by Jaguar for Sears. Don't hold me to it though.
I'm searching for the chart of manufacturers prefixes. After the 158. prefix 385. is the next manufacturer prefix which is Janome.
Mitch's mom is offline  
Old 11-27-2011, 06:55 PM
  #20  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Outer Space
Posts: 9,320
Default

Originally Posted by AshleyR View Post
The flat side is to the right and you thread it from back to front.
That's not a special needle.
Candace is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
craftybear
Links and Resources
171
06-06-2013 03:35 AM
BabyCakes
Main
15
06-30-2011 10:30 PM
trisha
Main
16
12-07-2010 09:43 PM
Twilliebee
Main
7
10-12-2010 05:34 AM
amma
Pictures
9
03-25-2009 06:51 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter


SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.