Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WOW....FOR WALMART FABRIC!!! >

WOW....FOR WALMART FABRIC!!!

WOW....FOR WALMART FABRIC!!!

Old 09-07-2011, 11:12 AM

Our Walmart in middle Indiana is getting fabric back in but it is hit and miss for a while, nothing like thay had before. Guess what was in sale carts Party party items the very things they got rid of fabric to bring in. Walmarts loss was Joann's gain for a while.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:45 PM

I talked to the woman who works in the craft section of the Walmart I usually go to, and she said that the two little rows of fabric they have is all they will have, and she doubts if they get much at all. I know she really hates that area anyway, lol. The cutting table is not much bigger than a card table. I laid the cutting mat up there to make sure it was nice and flat, and it covered most of it. And the prices were higher, too.

She is a nice person, tho. I had bought a Fischer cutting mat, 36 x 24, double sided, that had a $21 price sticker underneath. I didn't notice until I got home that they charged me $27.97. Still a good price, but hey. I hung onto the receipt, and was in there a couple days ago, and showed her the mat, the sticker, and the receipt. She pulled the sticker, checked the price, which IS $27.97, and had them refund me the difference.

Now, no offense if you work at Walmart, because I used to, but a lot of people would have fought it, and some I knew would have destroyed that sticker and claimed it didn't exist. Trust me, I worked with some of them. If she hadn't have been there, I would have used my phone to photograph it first. Had to argue about a price mismark over shop lights once.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:40 PM

When they opened the new Walmart in Lenoir, NC.They closed the old one and took all the fabric (even emb. threads). Anyway, today I went to Hickory, NC and they have a fabric dept. in the Walmart there. Too bad we have to go sooo far but I did buy some pieces: U know I could never walk into a fabric place and not get SOMETHING::: lol