Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Xmas  Items >

Xmas Items

Xmas Items

Old 08-29-2011, 11:59 AM

Since my friends and I go on bus tours every year, I decided to make them travel pillows using the 'Fruit Ladies' on them and a zipper on them so they can be removed and washed. I also made them potato bags and corn bags using a special chemical free batting so that it won't catch on fire in the microwave.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:39 PM

Placemats and napkins which fold into a tree. Made 20 last year and gave away in groups of 4 and got very good comments.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:47 PM

The small bags with the snap close opening using a tape measure-pretty sure you can find instructions here on the search area. All ages love them and they don't talke much fabric or time.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:58 PM

Table toppers and runners. Bed runners are really popular, and not at all difficult. I made sofa runners for myself because my little dog gets up on the back of the sofa to watch what is going on in her world outdoors. They were fast and easy. Might even try sets with arm covers too.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:21 PM

Tote bags and purses make nice Christmas gifts but not out of Christmas fabric.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by emt2004
Anyone working on any Xmas items? .................Michele
LOL, the 200 quilted star ornaments I promised a school in Alabama.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:40 PM

I have been working on some wine bags from the Moda Bakeshop site. http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/02/...gift-bags.html I found that I did not need to use the charm packs, though I did on some of them. On some I cut my fabric 12 1/2 by 14 inchches for the outside and lining. By putting giant rickrack in the seam for the top, it made them festive with lots less cutting and sewing. They are tied with decorative ribbon with a holiday decoration attached. I even making some for Halloween to give with bottles of sparkling cider to neighbors.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:51 PM

I have a friends who do dish clothes, chenille with homespun. I watched her sell every single one she made. 5.00 a pop. also her cat beds.
With the economy I would keep it small and offer less expensive items. That what seems to sell the best out here.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:23 PM

OMG you have to ask?? lol Just from all the postings here and all the sites people share I have a favorites list I'll never get them all done!! My problem is picking just a few and sticking with them. .we have a Christmas craft show coming up at work, and I want to do some table toppers, potholders, and then I found a pattern for sewn slippers from flanellette that I thought would be something different that nobody else would be making. Now I just have to stay off this board so I can get something accomplished!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 03:15 PM

Lots of great ideas. At a school craft sale the roll-ups that could be used for crayons or markers went fast. I got several to use for my crochet hooks and commisioned some for knitting needles.