Y2k

Old 12-13-2019, 08:51 AM

Lets see the blocks came from a mystery quilt from 1999 or thereafter. It was not a color wash as I've made mine. It was a site that's gone now.

It's just a center pinwheel with squares around and the other is the pinwheel with HST in the 4 corners. I'm looking for another to make now and will possibly design my own as I know what I need (two similar blocks) now I just need to figure out which I want. For a time I was enjoying snail trail with stars.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]620869[/ATTACH]

But I might save this one for a 3 color quilt... currently I'm scraping.

So I go to thinking about irish chain through 2 different stars and that's real doable.

Here's my original thread.
Attached Thumbnails 9128-reel-starz-gail-hansen-2010-www.road2ca.com.jpg  
Old 12-13-2019, 10:19 AM

That one is Shakespeare in the Park. Beautiful quilt.
Old 12-14-2019, 05:18 PM

It's really screaming at me to play. But must needs finish up some other stuff first. I have a 3D throw and a few swaps. Caught up on my mystery quilt. Feeling fresh and ready to jump off of the precipice.

oooooooooooooo I have the fabric and story ready to print for my Y2K it's in a 12" cube with some other goodies I'm sending to my LA. Can't wait to see what happens to her now. I ordered Scotch Guard from Amazon... they cancelled my order. Do ya'll "seal" your printed work onto fabric before you wash? I don't want to lose anything and so I'm going to hit my siggies and everything once the quiltings complete.

So Dear Jane (just need about 3/4th the border) Sylvia's Bridal Quilt in black comes after completion of my Jane. Unless my BF says we need to start now... in which case I dive in.

3-D quilt just needs to be pieced it was a row by row we did years ago... the rows are loose and just needs to be compiled somehow. Still not sure... ooooh what about if I put the rows around the outside, center medallion style? Gee, I never thought of that. They are all the same length so I always thought to just stack them one atop the next.

Still haven't decided about my next scrap quilt but I'm closer. Took a bunch of inspiration photos and made up two collages. One is the snail trail with a star. The other has a more traditional look and I might be settling on a 4 patch (for diagonal lines throughout) with some center applique... blocks that are pieced together just like the Y2K.

Then there's the Felted Sheep but I just got the wool fabric in and need to dye it. I have chopped it all down to 9 x 12, zig zagged it and will wait for next week to dye again as my back still needs to recover.