Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Yakima, WA Quilters

Yakima, WA Quilters

I'm looking for some quilting classes to take this summer in Yakima and I cannot find websites for any of the quilting stores in Yakima. I know some are strictly long arm services, and some are simply retail, but I know there has to be one or two that have a class schedule. Can anyone help me out??
    Thought for EVERY Day: You know all those things you've always wanted to do? You should go do them.

A lot of quilt stores don't have web sites, and many more don't keep them updated. It would be much better to go to the stores in person and ask for a class schedule. That way you may also be able to see samples of what will be made in the class.

That would be ideal except I'm not there until the end of June and by then a lot of classes are already full. I spend my summers in Yakima and this year I'm trying to get a head start on activities to keep me busy.

Quote Originally Posted by dunster View Post
    A lot of quilt stores don't have web sites, and many more don't keep them updated. It would be much better to go to the stores in person and ask for a class schedule. That way you may also be able to see samples of what will be made in the class.
    Thought for EVERY Day: You know all those things you've always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Is there a local quilt guild you can contact? Otherwise, you might try getting phone listings for local quilt shops and then calling them. Many of them will mail or email you class schedules on request. If you can't get phone listings, definitely see if you can contact a local guild. They should be able to tap you into the local quilting shop network! Good luck and have fun on your visit to Yakima!
    Sheila N.

When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, he tried over 2000 experiments before he got it to work. A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times. He said, "I never failed once. I invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2000 step process."

Try this: http://www.yakimavalleyquiltersguild...rite_links.htm

It looks like they have a few quilt shops listed. They may even have some class schedules or be able to get them for you...