Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Yellow Brick Road quilt Pattern

Question Yellow Brick Road quilt Pattern

Hi: I Purchased the Yellow Brick Road pattern along with fabric to make a baby quilt for a shower. I prewashed the fabric and was all ready to start but my pattern has disappeared. I have searched high and low in my sewing room and its not to be found. The 2 quilt shops in my area do not have it in stock. The baby shower is Sept. 15 (less than 2 weeks) so I do not have time to wait for shop to order the pattern. Does anyone know where I can purchase a download of the pattern? If not can someone lend me the pattern who lives in the Albany, NY area? I am desperate!!!

Thank you.

Check Amazon. I found it on there. They will deliver tomorrow.
    Ginger
    ~stitching one thread at a time~

Blog Entries
    I may be the unusual one but I did not like the written instructions for this pattern. I thought it was most confusing. Granted, I was making it at my church quilting ministry, where I couldn’t concentrate. Hope you have luck finding the pattern and good luck with it. I’m working on a baby quilt for the 15th too.

Last edited by osewme; 09-03-2018 at 05:08 PM.

There is a pattern from Missouri Star...a video online...called Double Slice Layer Cake or maybe Two Slice Layer Cake. It is quick to make and ends up looking a LOT like Yellow Brick Road. I just cut my own fabric into 10 inch squares.

Here is the last one I made, in case it works for you.

Dina
    Attached Images Attached Images

It is the double slice and it is very easy to make especially since your making a baby quilt. I really like this pattern personally better than the yellow brick road. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
    Maria
    Always be true to yourself!

You are not alone. I bought the pattern and fabric because it said it was easy. Not for me. I was just beginning my quilting 'career', though.
    A quilt is like a good life. It's full of mistakes, but, in the end, it looks pretty good.

I use 6 fat quarters for a baby quilt and a throw size with some good size borders. I am in Texas, I think I would order it from Amazon and see if the shop where you bought the first one would take it back.

Don't feel alone...I can't find my jelly roll rug pattern.

Blog Entries
    go to www.ehow.com they tell you how to cute fabric .

I've made several ybr quilts and if i can do it, anyone can. I looked at that link and under the "tips", it said stitches should be 1/8 inch or less? Did I understand that correctly? Well, DON'T.

My favorite FQ free pattern is called The Gift Quilt by Vicki Welsh. I am not sure if I am allowed to put up a link here but you will find it easily from google. Much easier than YBR.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-07-2019 at 07:20 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps

I'm with Dina. I love the Double Slice pattern from MSQC. I have made a dozen or more and plan to make lots more.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Smile

Like several others I too hated the yellow brick road pattern. I just couldn't make it work out and the directions were confusing to me, a beginner quilter. One of the first quilts I made. I think you can google free baby quilts and find an easier and better looking one for sure. Good luck with your project.
    Last edited by Helen6869; 09-05-2018 at 05:52 PM. Reason: adding information

Blog Entries
    I sent you a PM.
    Deb

Quote Originally Posted by sash View Post
    I've made several ybr quilts and if i can do it, anyone can. I looked at that link and under the "tips", it said stitches should be 1/8 inch or less? Did I understand that correctly? Well, DON'T.
    it says STITCHES, not seam width.

YBR question

Can a layer cake be used for the yellow brick road patter instead of fat quarters

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ReneeKW View Post
    Can a layer cake be used for the yellow brick road patter instead of fat quarters
    Good morning Renee. If I remember the pattern correctly (and it has been a long time) it doesn't have any pieces larger than 10" but you need to look at the cutting directions and be sure. If there are some larger than about 8 1/2" I would say you shouldn't try to use the layer cake without another coordinating piece to cut the larger sizes from. The pattern is such a hodge-podge of sizes so maybe that would work. Just be sure to check on the finished sizes for each piece. Good luck with it!

Maureen, you are not alone. The quilt was easy but the directions were not easy to follow.
    Shelbie from the High County in Southern Ontario

I have the YBR pattern and have studied it and studied it but cannot figure out how to cut the fabrics. It says it is for a beginner and I have been quilting for a long time but still find the pattern very confusing. So I put the pattern back in my pattern bin. Need someones help please.

Blog Entries
    thank you for your suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by luvstoquilt301 View Post
    My favorite FQ free pattern is called The Gift Quilt by Vicki Welsh. I am not sure if I am allowed to put up a link here but you will find it easily from google. Much easier than YBR.
    Thank you so much for the free pattern that you suggested to use instead of YBR. I have purchased 2 of the YBR patterns and have studied it forever and I am still confused on how to make it. I will print out the Gift Quilt pattern and use that pattern which looks much easier. I have tons of yellow and blue fabrics that I have collected throughout the past year traveling across the country and I think your free pattern will be perfect. Once again, thank you so much.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-07-2019 at 07:20 AM.