Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Yesterday fabric line by Jo Morton >

Yesterday fabric line by Jo Morton

Yesterday fabric line by Jo Morton

Old 10-23-2020, 01:43 PM

Default Yesterday fabric line by Jo Morton

I’m trying to find Jo Morton’s fabric line Yesterday at my LQSs but am having no luck at all. Only one shop has it and they have only a small, limited number of bolts. And looking on line I see only a small number of shops have this. The Moda website shows it was to be shipped in September.

I’m at a loss as to why it is so hard to find and hope someone can enlighten me. Is it because it has sold out already? Or is it late in shipping? Or are only a small number of select shops allowed to sell this? I can buy it on line but really want to see it in person to make sure I really like it as well as to support my LQS.
Old 10-23-2020, 04:26 PM

Hancocks of Paducah has charm packs. Not sure if you want yardage or precuts

https://www.hancocks-paducah.com/Mod...ion_decimals=1
Old 10-23-2020, 04:41 PM
Power Poster

Lots of sellers on Etsy have it.
Old 10-23-2020, 04:54 PM

Meadow...not sure if it the same with this collection but many shops offer pre-orders of future collections and will often sell-out before it’s even in the shop. Jo Morton’s collections are super popular so this may be the reason. I know she published a book of patterns highlighting this collection so that could have been a motivation for gobbling up this collection, too. It’s anyone’s guess but good luck tracking down what you need.

i found a jelly roll on “My Favorite Quilt Store” website, if you are interested.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:08 AM

Thank you for your responses! My question isn't so much as to where to find it but as to why it is so hard to find. It just seems very odd to me that none of my local shops have this line, had this line or will have this line. I can understand that they may pre-sell before it's even out but I don't think they even had it to pre-sell. I'm wondering if this is a very limited line? Even on-line there are very few places that have it, yet they have plenty of older Jo Morton lines. I'm just wondering how these things work, how it's determined what fabric shops get to sell what lines.
thx
Old 10-24-2020, 07:53 AM

It's the shop owners/buyers who make the decisions for their shops, based on their understanding of the market place. The clearance corner often shows what doesn't go over well...

That's why our LQS each have a feeling and flavor and I know if I want batiks I should go to this one, or that one is the place to go for 30s or whatever.

Edit: Sometimes a line is more popular than they think, but there is a long lead time and it isn't quite as simple to just print another thousand yards, and maybe there is only enough market for really a couple hundred yards. So sometimes the print gets reissued for the next year, either exactly or if a "premium" line before, perhaps a slightly different dye set (those registration dots on some selvedges). But every year, just like in the fashion industry colors and trends are changing.

Last edited by Iceblossom; 10-24-2020 at 07:58 AM.