Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: You can never have my what????

You can never have my what????

I would give my friends lots of things if they asked for them but I would never ever never give up my featherweight!!! Lol it sews like butter!

What can't you live without???
    Never met a scrap of fabric or vintage sewing machine I didn't like!
    Many a lost and lonely vintage machine has found a home with me, 26 and------ uh oh lost count, who is counting anyway!

Susan

My iPhone. I "could" live without out it, but I would be sad.
    Alyce

Me neither stitchnripper. Lol they can't have my iPhone either!!
    Never met a scrap of fabric or vintage sewing machine I didn't like!
    Many a lost and lonely vintage machine has found a home with me, 26 and------ uh oh lost count, who is counting anyway!

Susan

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't give up my sewing machines. Also my computer. LOL

Husband. Jim is the best fellow I've ever met. He is perfect for me. Tells me every day I am the most beautiful woman on the planet.
    Flash Drives. I keep a myriad of information in them. One is just for quilting stuff.
    My cats. I have five, and will not part with any of them.
    Monkees music. My favorite group of all time. Yes, even more than the Beatles.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

I want everything I have --- at least right now. That could change any day. I got rid of stuff I didn't want.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

My studio. That pretty much covers it all, as it really covers most of the house. I tend to spread out when I work.
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

my inherited mother n laws 1954 Singer, they can have my old Kenmore, but it too is a work horse.

Go Mike, Peter, and Micky.

Blog Entries
    I have thought and thought and thought, some days you can have my husband, my dogs, my kids - we all can relate to this feeling. I would not part with my pillow. I even travel with it!
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

dd
    There are lots of things I think I can't live without but in reality if my house burned to the ground and I lost everything, including my cats, I would still go on. If I lost my family, I would still go on. Not happily but that would come in time. So I guess the only thing I really can't live without is God. Without God there is no hope. But I really like having electricity. I thank God in the summer for electricity for my air conditioning.

Sorry guess that doesn't really go with the theme "you can never have my what??" I was think what I don't want to give up. Guess I would go with my sewing machine. Rarely let anyone use my machine.
    Last edited by dd; 05-02-2013 at 03:55 AM.
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

My husband bought me a Bernina 440 for Christmas several years ago, and I inherited my mom's 430, which now I use that as my travel machine and leave my 440 parked at home. My sister inherited my mom's 930, but keeps asking if she can borrow mom's 430 for an extended length of time, (She lives 200 miles away) to FMQ a quilt. I keep telling her no. It has become a sore subject between us. I don't know about anyone elses sister, but I know my sister and I would never see it again. It will take her a year to do the project, and another year to return it. She has made some nasty comments about it and can not see why I would not loan it to her, after all it was moms and I should share. She actually had first choice of machines, and she choose the 930. Sorry for venting, as this was suppose to be a fun, entertaining thread. So to answer your question, my twin machines, Bernina 440 and 430, I have a nice arrangement with them, and it would throw me off if I did not have one.

My Granny's sewing table. She sewed on it when I was a child, and my grandfather made it for her. It is a simple little table with two drawers on the right side, just perfect for sewing. I can use any machine on that table, but I feel close to Granny when I sew.

Bernina! Wouldn't part with it.

My iPad. I just can't stay off of it.
    Ms Kay

I couldn't live without my sewing room! It is my haven.
    Aronel aka Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    I want everything I have --- at least right now. That could change any day. I got rid of stuff I didn't want.
    Amen !!! Exactly what I think.

Blog Entries
    I AGREE with DD. I can't & won't live without God. He is my Lord & Savior. I pray I never have to live without my husband, Son's, DIL's & 4 grandbabies. The rest is great to have but, they are just things. I would survive without all the stuff. I might miss it for a good long while, but, I would be ok. My favorite thing I really enjoy is my Nook. I love to read.
    Vonda-Texas MiMi of 4 Beautiful Grandbabies

Blog Entries
    I don't care about material things, I'll just go buy more. I am very selfish with my time though. Don't ask me to give up a lot of my time.
    Got fabric?

No one can have my wonderful husband!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

PeeWee, my housecat of over 15 yrs. He follows me from rm to rm all day long and sleeps on me at night.

Quote Originally Posted by qwkslver View Post
    Go Mike, Peter, and Micky.
    What about Davy?

Quote Originally Posted by SuzieQuilts View Post
    My husband bought me a Bernina 440 for Christmas several years ago, and I inherited my mom's 430, which now I use that as my travel machine and leave my 440 parked at home. My sister inherited my mom's 930, but keeps asking if she can borrow mom's 430 for an extended length of time, (She lives 200 miles away) to FMQ a quilt. I keep telling her no. It has become a sore subject between us. I don't know about anyone elses sister, but I know my sister and I would never see it again. It will take her a year to do the project, and another year to return it. She has made some nasty comments about it and can not see why I would not loan it to her, after all it was moms and I should share. She actually had first choice of machines, and she choose the 930. Sorry for venting, as this was suppose to be a fun, entertaining thread. So to answer your question, my twin machines, Bernina 440 and 430, I have a nice arrangement with them, and it would throw me off if I did not have one.
    I understand completely. I will loan my sister my 240, but not my 440.

Out of curiousity, why can she not FMQ on the 930?

My Swiss made Elna SU
    Sheena

Blog Entries
    My Husband.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast