Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are you going to sew today?! >

Are you going to sew today?!

Are you going to sew today?!

Old 10-24-2009, 08:38 AM
Power Poster

I am cutting out the fabric for my second Dear Jane Christmas block and then going to start sewing them (hopefully). But I have to wait to sew until my son wakes up otherwise he is VERY cranky :twisted: . He works 3rd shift and says when I sew it sounds like someone pounding on the floor :roll:
Old 10-24-2009, 09:42 AM

Right now I am trying to fix my computer. My Windows Defender won't work. Downloading stuff to hopefully fix the problem. Then maybe I can sew.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:42 AM

It sounds like everyone could use some warmth and sunshine and I have some! I wish to share it with everyone who wants it, so I'm sending some South Carolina warmth and sunshine. We have some clouds and a bit of spitting from the skies, but the sun is shining through the clouds and it is 70 degrees. I already did some sewing. I played first, now I have to do my chores. :-)
Old 10-24-2009, 12:09 PM
Dix

Have fun sewing today. I finally cleaned up the quilt room the other day, company coming. Two batches soon so only had to clean once! DH is cooking for tomorrow and we have just finished cleaning house. I am off to sit on the couch for 2 football games. Left overs for dinner!
Blessings to you all.
Dix
Old 10-24-2009, 12:30 PM

I found out that the quilt I was working on for a friend's grandchild is in the wrong colors. Luckily, I had some pieces cut for another quilt (just something to use up my stash) that is in the right colors. Now I have to get moving on that quilt. So, I got busy sewing this morning already and I'll be back in the sewing room as soon as I can tonight. Got to please the kiddies in the meantime.

I find that when I have things cut out and ready to go, it is easier to just sit down and sew for a few minutes even on a busy day. And it always improves my mood. :)
Old 10-24-2009, 12:32 PM

wrong colors?! yikees? sorry to hear that!
Old 10-24-2009, 12:36 PM

I think I have tendonitis in my one finger and my left hand is cramped up. Been taking motrin and ice on it. It's less swollen then it was,but have to get it limber again
Old 10-24-2009, 12:40 PM

Now I'm cleaning up my sewing area so I can get to my machine. Just can't be productive with all that clutter.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:49 PM

Well, it's late afternoon and I haven't done any sewing yet. But I did go to the "barn sale" at the Quilt Box this morning and bought about 10 yards of nice fabric for $4 a yard. I'm washing it now so I'll be all set when I do get in the sewing room.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:11 PM

So let's see how much I accomplished today- Salvation Army run- done- 2 giant garbage bags and 3 boxes gone. More to go, but no room in car.

Craft show- remembered to pick up bff, visited, had lunch, didn't really buy anything, came home with snacks for hubby and son.

Quilt shop- shopped. Some surprise, right? Did not find fabric to "fix" my problem but came home with some fabrics I've been watching for a while now. Worried they might run out of them and I would be kicking myself for not buying it. Also signed up and paid for my English paper piecing class for the 20th of Nov.- Very good trip.

Did not make it to Outlet, they closed at 1 and I didn't get out of here until 12- hubby talks too much. :) That and the weather was really nasty most of the day.

Also stopped at Wal-Mart for this and that. Now relaxing until going to pumpkin carving time. Going to finish sewing the binding on the last table runner I have complete and watch Penn State beat Michigan.

Hope you all had a great Saturday, I sure did.