Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
You Know You Are a Quilter When. . . . . . >

You Know You Are a Quilter When. . . . . .

You Know You Are a Quilter When. . . . . .

Old 05-23-2007, 06:53 AM
  #41  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 26
Default

Goddess....Those are too funny. Thankfully, I haven't received such information about a friends C-Section...but I do think that this is hysterical!! I can just imagine some quilters I know that would appreciate it.
mpeters is offline  
Old 05-24-2007, 08:49 PM
  #42  
Super Member
 
Flying_V_Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,703
Default

...you've wondered if the design on the toilet paper in your bathroom would make a good top stitching design. Maybe even for the quilt you got the idea for while looking on the bathroom floor.
Flying_V_Goddess is offline  
Old 05-24-2007, 09:16 PM
  #43  
Senior Member
 
Carla P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MS
Posts: 518
Default

Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
...you've wondered if the design on the toilet paper in your bathroom would make a good top stitching design. Maybe even for the quilt you got the idea for while looking on the bathroom floor.
Good one :lol: ... & I'll add... you look at the quilting designs in paper towels as well, trying to figure out how you could use them in your quilt
Carla P is offline  
Old 05-25-2007, 05:53 AM
  #44  
Super Member
 
mpeters1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,618
Default

when....you watch the Quilted Northern girls for hints on a quilting design...
mpeters1200 is offline  
Old 05-25-2007, 05:57 AM
  #45  
Super Member
 
ceannastahr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mt. Morris NY
Posts: 1,152
Default

when you actualy see a design in you 3 year olds scribbling
ceannastahr is offline  
Old 05-27-2007, 05:23 AM
  #46  
Super Member
 
mpeters1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,618
Default

You knoow you're a quilter when it's your birthday and the gifts that are NOT fabric or patterns are wrapped in pretty paper from McCall's that are quilt block paper.
mpeters1200 is offline  
Old 05-27-2007, 05:54 AM
  #47  
Senior Member
 
Norah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 659
Default

Originally Posted by ceannastahr
when you actualy see a design in you 3 year olds scribbling
My nepwhew drew the greatest little dog when he was 4. I made a baby bib out of the design for his new baby. Cross stitched and quilted. He loved it.
Norah is offline  
Old 05-27-2007, 10:18 AM
  #48  
Boo
Senior Member
 
Boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 484
Default

What a wonderful thing, Nora. You just amaze me with your creativity! Now I wish I would have been more careful with my daughters drawings when she was small. More recently a neighbor boy brought me his name on a piece of paper for first time. He was so proud he wanted me to have it. Well it was on my fridge for a year and then they moved away. I finally tossed it. :( His letters weren't together in a line, but all on the same sheet of paper. What an accomplishment for the little guy! I remember how hard he struggled and how frustrating it was for him. I am a bad person. Bad Boo!
Boo is offline  
Old 05-27-2007, 08:34 PM
  #49  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Bruno, CA
Posts: 433
Default

The foot that can be used that has multiple needles is called a "felting" foot. It is usually used with wool fibers which are then embedded into the fabric.
sewbeeit42 is offline  
Old 05-28-2007, 01:09 PM
  #50  
Senior Member
 
Carla P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MS
Posts: 518
Default

Originally Posted by Boo
What a wonderful thing, Nora. You just amaze me with your creativity! Now I wish I would have been more careful with my daughters drawings when she was small. More recently a neighbor boy brought me his name on a piece of paper for first time. He was so proud he wanted me to have it. Well it was on my fridge for a year and then they moved away. I finally tossed it. :( His letters weren't together in a line, but all on the same sheet of paper. What an accomplishment for the little guy! I remember how hard he struggled and how frustrating it was for him. I am a bad person. Bad Boo!
Boo, you are not bad at all. My DH & I have raised our Girls in the same home all of their lives, so over the years I have "adopted" many neighborhood children/teens. Over the years they have all, at one time or the other, given me things to decorate our fridge on a regular basis. You can't keep all of it. I have cards, drawings, hand prints, animal memorials, and many other special items from my own Girls and a few from the adopted children in a box, but you just can't keep it all. You are not bad... too many of them will draw mice and other creepy things, and you will eventually run out of space. You left it hanging for a year and until the boy moved away; you met your term of gratitude. :D
Carla P is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
charity-crafter
General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
13
04-15-2011 06:29 AM
Joan
Main
118
06-24-2010 06:09 AM
Quilt4u
Main
28
01-11-2009 11:27 PM
sondray
Links and Resources
4
08-01-2008 06:28 AM
Tricia
Main
60
07-12-2008 12:31 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter


SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.