Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
You know you're a "Quilter" when... >

You know you're a "Quilter" when...

You know you're a "Quilter" when...

Old 10-12-2010, 05:57 PM

I love the tooth faity pillow! I wonder how I can "tweak" it to make it for my little boy?
Old 10-13-2010, 01:20 AM

did you see the boy one,? i put the link there too..
Old 10-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Power Poster

Such a funny thread and sooo sooo true!!
Old 10-14-2010, 04:06 PM

The first time I saw Saw 3, there was the flashback scene of the father sitting on his son's bed...remember this is supposed to be a horror movie...and all I could think about was "Hmmm, I wonder if I could make that brick quilt he's sitting on?"

I've also played video games and got inspiration from them. Been planning to do this ginormous quilted wall hanging of the sea map from as well as stained glass quilt replicas of the stained glass windows of the sages from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I was planning to work on a quilt with a good portion of the items found in Super Mario 3 for my God son, but Mom got a new computer and didn't get a chance to retrieve all my pics and I lost all the blocks I drew onto graph paper during the move. One of my quilt designs was inspired by some floor tile in Star Ocean 3.

So you know if you're a quilter if you can find inspiration in just about anything including horror films and video games.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:52 PM

Quilts are everywhere in my world - in patterns used in constructing freeways (there are some beautiful concrete blocks), in the landscape outside my front door (which I only see when I can bring myself to stop quilting) and as I drive, in fences, windows, etc. I am beginning to think I might have an addiction! (LOL)
Old 10-14-2010, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by scowlkat
Quilts are everywhere in my world - in patterns used in constructing freeways (there are some beautiful concrete blocks), in the landscape outside my front door (which I only see when I can bring myself to stop quilting) and as I drive, in fences, windows, etc. I am beginning to think I might have an addiction! (LOL)
You're on line to quilting board at what is 1:57 a.m. here and you THINK you might have an addiction? At least you probably don't need a 12 step group for it. :lol:
Old 10-14-2010, 10:21 PM

I guess I'm a quilter then. My mother-in-laws birthday is tomorrow and I decided to do a one block wonder table runner last night. I also quilted it myself, with very basic cross hatch, which was another first. All I have left to do is turn the binding and sew it down. Of course it's almost 2 in the morning and I ran out of black thread and that's what color the binding is. I also think the fabric didn't really do the obw justice but it's what I had. Guess you can call me a fly by the seat of my pants kind of quilter.