Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: You know you've got it bad when ...

..........or when you walk into a hotel and notice the flooring has an awesome design for quilting
    Dee

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." by George Bernard Shaw

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Val in IN View Post
    All the time. Floors, windows, carpets, you name it. I see quilt blocks in almost any decorative design. I'm going to reserve my room at the funny farm soon.
    Well, I'm glad I'm not alone! LOL When you reserve your room at the funny farm, you may as well reserve a whole block of rooms for the rest of us! But hey, it should be fun there ... think of all the time we'd have to ... QUILT!

All the time, that's why i carry a camera in my purse, so I can take pics of everything that inspires me.
    Jeanann

Theres nothing wrong with me a little chocolate won't fix.

In a restruant while waiting on the food to arrive.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Maybe all the floor designers, tile designers and marble makers all get their inspiration from quilters, that's why we see patterns and ideas everywhere we go, they got them from us.....lol

You mean to tell me I am not the only that does this. Sitting in my bathriim and looking down at floor, yep a great quilt disign. lol

Quote Originally Posted by KerryK View Post
    You know you've got it bad when you are in the doctor's office, you glance at the floor, and immediately a quilt pattern pops in your mind! (Square in square) Have you had this happen to you?
    LOL I have done that so much since being on the Quilting Board. It's not just offices though it's everywhere clouds, colors, pictures. I'm seeing patterns everywhere.

I has also happened to me. Went to a new dentist's office and saw quilt patterns in the furniture in the waiting are. One I really like was a Dresden Plate.
    Quiltinggma-nc
    Children are a blessing and grandchildren are a double blessing.

Went with my DH to the doc yesterday, in the entry of the clinic was actual sections of quilt pieces in a glass frame on the wall as art work, I couldn't hardly get passed the entry way!!! I was holding up traffic! Still didn't get to see it all.

Quote Originally Posted by ontheriver View Post
    All the time, that's why i carry a camera in my purse, so I can take pics of everything that inspires me.
    Yep, my iPhone goes with me wherever I go. The largest medical clinic in the town that I live in has actual quilts all over the halls and in alot of the doctors' offices. My eye doctor always asks me what my current project is when I go to see him. (which I do frequently, because he treats me for episcleritis.)
    Alma
    Nami to 6

Absolutely! And then you start looking at the other patients to see which part of their clothing you could chop up and how you could incorporate drapes, nurses' uniforms and what have you. Makes the time fly - even if you look like the village idiot sitting there with the huge grin on your face and that far-away look in the eye. Little do they know!

lol.....all the time. My daughter was playing a game on the computer and she was designing the tile floor. I drew the design out for a quilt with the same colors she used.
    enjoy your life...it's the only one you have!!!
    Heather

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingJaguar View Post
    I was in an elevator and the man in front of me had the neatest shirt on, I swear if I had scissors on me would have cut the back out for a quilt that came to my mind. (Does anyone know if they have sewing machines in jail)???
    I've wondered about the sewing machines in jail myself. (not that I was contemplating anything illegal, mind you!)
    jlm5419-an Okie back in Oklahoma!
    http://according-to-ginger.blogspot.com/

What a good idea! I'm going to cutt up some graph paper right now and put it in a purse pocket.

I am so glad to know I am not alone in this big quilting world....LOL.....everything I look at,become a quilt pattern....when I first started quilting, I used napkins,scrape pieces of paper,begged strangers for pens,pencils,paper,anything,,,,anything,,,,,to get that design ....now I use my smart phone camera.....but sometimes I feel like my brain will explode because all these designs are overlapping each other,,and I can't sort just one out....help....my brain needs a rest.....please tell me I'm not the only one that their brain works "all jumbled up" all the time...LOL...

i
    Buzzy Bee

All the time

i gave up and started taking graph paper and crayons everywhere. you can print most sizes of graph paper free on the internet.
    don't stop!just keep trying and something usable will turn out!!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingJaguar View Post
    I was in an elevator and the man in front of me had the neatest shirt on, I swear if I had scissors on me would have cut the back out for a quilt that came to my mind. (Does anyone know if they have sewing machines in jail)???
    I have it on good authority that they don't allow sharp objects like pins, needles or scissors.

yes all the time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2