Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Are you making the Bow Tuck Purses & Totes? Lets Chit Chat

Blog Entries
    Are you making the Bow Tuck Purses and totes? Let's Chit Chat!

Blog Entries
    I have seen so many pictures on here about these purses. I did a search and found the pattern.

http://www.connectingthreads.com/cfp...y.cfm?ID=55420

Blog Entries
    I was wondering if this pattern is good for a someone that hasn't made a purse before?

Blog Entries
    The pattern is pretty straight forward, so I think it would be fine as a first purse project. I suggest reading through the directions once or twice before starting to get a feel for what you will be doing. I use a walking foot, it helps with the bulk. I also make my handles a couple of inches longer, which requires an extra strip of fabric and fleece. I tend to work assembly line style. I fuse all the fleece on, do all the quilting and prepare the handles. If I make another for myself, I'll add a snap rather than the button/loop.

I made myself the mini one, and it's still big for me as an every day purse. If it weren't for the glasses, I would have stuck with my cell phone wallet! LOL I've made several, sold 3 so far. They are very pretty!

http://justenoughtime.wordpress.com/...6/01/ladybugs/

Here is the Tute on making them, I think it is pretty easy, I had never made a purse before. Just follow the directions after the first one they are a breeze!

They are easy I never made a purse and found it simple enough.

Blog Entries
    I am jumping on the bandwagon today. I bought the pattern and some fabric to make 3 bags, so here I go. It is a nice rainy day today so I just may get them all done.

I am in the process of cutting all the fabrics I need to make about 10 purses and/or totes - I just love making them. I've sort of put on hold my quilting projects just to do these- I figure get some Christmas gifts out of the way now!! ;)

Blog Entries
    I've been making bags of my own design. With a lot of trial and error.

http://quiltiliciousjourney.blogspot...-bag-done.html

I would construct this bag (with a full inner section) completely differently than how I did it this time.

I love love love this pattern, it is super easy and it gives you an opportunity to practice free motion quilting. I have made 6 of these purses and I sold my first one for $50.

I posted a picture of my most recent bag under this topic: "What are your favorite patterns to make purses or totes?" Just finished it this morning! It's not a Bow Tuck, but I like the pattern and it's free and easy. I really enjoy seeing and hearing about projects that everyone has done. Thanks for the encouragement.

I HAVE ORDERED THE PATTERN & CANT WAIT TO MAKE SEVERAL THX SO MUCH FOR THE TUTORIAL LOOKS EASY FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS

Hi. Have made the bag you are in question of. I love it. Actually our quilt guild, Coat of Many Colors, did a class. Mine is of chickens. The only advice I have is to label each piece you cut out. That would make it easier for you. I did get confused and had to rip out some. Good luck. You will enjoy the bag.

A word to the wise, the front is quilted to the batting and the back is quilted to another piece of batting.....ask me how I know...... Just started on mine and had some difficulty. But I will try to rescue it.

Okay, I couldn't hold out any longer, I am now a "Lady In Waiting" for the two Boe Tuck Purse patterns I ordered last night. You wonderful sisters have made them sound so addictive, and I am looking for a new fix, I only have 5 WIP's right now.

I ordered my pattern, also. I think they would make great Christmas gifts. I have alot of women to buy for! LOL!

I have made two and now I have 3 orders. I love this pattern! Good Luck and have fun!

I have the mini bag pattern but would like to enlarge it a little. Can anyone tell me how to do this ?

I would think if you just made the pieces a few inches larger it would be easy to enlarge, I have made it smaller.

kso
    Put the pocket on the upper front before you attach the upper front to lower front. It makes a much neater application.

For the people who are making them to sell,what do you charge and where do you find the big snaps?

I too am curious how much people are selling these purses for. MY LQS made a bunch of the small ones but they had alot of trouble selling them.

MIne have sold here for $40.00