Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Are you making quilted Christmas Skirts? Let's Chit Chat!

  1. #1
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,667
    Blog Entries
    194
    Are you making quilted Christmas skirts? Let's Chit Chat!

  2. #2
    Super Member raptureready's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    5,299
    I have one that my sister made a long time ago but it has a ruffle and I really don't like ruffles. I've used it for about 15-20 years now and I want a new one. I bought a package of 9 degree rulers and want to use that to make one with swirls. Then again, I have some prequilted preprinted ones upstairs...... And I have 6 quilts to make before Christmas.

    How's your DH doing? Is he home yet?

  3. #3
    mysacrifice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Central Arkansas - Conway Area
    Posts
    225
    I made one last year for my main tree, and I want to make one more full-size one, plus about three mini's for the smaller trees.

  4. #4
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,667
    Blog Entries
    194
    hubby is doing better but still in hospital

    I found this link and think would be cool for a Christmas skirt

    http://www.unitednotions.com/fp_freebird.pdf

    What do you think?

    Quote Originally Posted by raptureready
    I have one that my sister made a long time ago but it has a ruffle and I really don't like ruffles. I've used it for about 15-20 years now and I want a new one. I bought a package of 9 degree rulers and want to use that to make one with swirls. Then again, I have some prequilted preprinted ones upstairs...... And I have 6 quilts to make before Christmas.

    How's your DH doing? Is he home yet?

  5. #5
    Super Member Ditter43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Crystal River Florida
    Posts
    9,771
    I have been thinking about making a few but I don't want to have to buy a new ruler to do it. I am sure there are a lot of patterns out there, I just haven't researched it yet. I still have some other sewing to do first. :-D
    I am glad to hear your DH is making progress. :thumbup:

  6. #6
    Super Member franie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    6,573
    Not this year! I have made about 6 of them using the spiral method. A lot of work but worth effort.

  7. #7
    Moderator sharon b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    20,411
    Blog Entries
    10
    here is another link already posted by Crafty :

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-47345-1.htm

  8. #8
    Super Member franie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    6,573
    I tried to open that one but it wanted to down load so did not see it but I am thinking if it is using the 9 or 10 degree ruler that pattern is the one I used for mine. I love 'em and it makes 2 at ones time but they are fun but a lot of work.

    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    hubby is doing better but still in hospital

    I found this link and think would be cool for a Christmas skirt

    http://www.unitednotions.com/fp_freebird.pdf

    What do you think?

    Quote Originally Posted by raptureready
    I have one that my sister made a long time ago but it has a ruffle and I really don't like ruffles. I've used it for about 15-20 years now and I want a new one. I bought a package of 9 degree rulers and want to use that to make one with swirls. Then again, I have some prequilted preprinted ones upstairs...... And I have 6 quilts to make before Christmas.

    How's your DH doing? Is he home yet?

  9. #9
    Super Member Marlys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eastern Montana
    Posts
    1,002
    I like it! One more thing for my to do list!!! Thanks for the link!

  10. #10
    Power Poster MadQuilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    ELVERTA, CA
    Posts
    15,276
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditter43
    I have been thinking about making a few but I don't want to have to buy a new ruler to do it.
    As long as your angles add up to 360 degrees you can use any ruler you like. I like the 60/30 on my standard ruler wich gives me 6 wedges @60 degrees each.

  11. #11
    Super Member gale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North-Central Indiana
    Posts
    4,637
    Blog Entries
    1
    I need to make one for our own tree.

  12. #12
    Super Member franie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    6,573
    That's the ones I did.

    Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditter43
    I have been thinking about making a few but I don't want to have to buy a new ruler to do it.
    As long as your angles add up to 360 degrees you can use any ruler you like. I like the 60/30 on my standard ruler wich gives me 6 wedges @60 degrees each.

  13. #13
    Senior Member momymom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    471
    I ordered the Judy Niemeyer tree skirt pattern, I haven't had time to start it though. It's paper peiced, 60 x 60. That one will take some time to peice! I do love it though. So did DH.

  14. #14
    Senior Member gailmitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fredericton, NB
    Posts
    376
    I'm making a new tree skirt this year. Last year I gave my tree skirt away to my daughter and I didn't get one made. I didn't know what I wanted to make because you know it's got to last me another 10 years. There are a bunch of links here for tree-skirt tutorials.

    http://yarn-or-fabric.weebly.com/chr...ial-links.html

  15. #15
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,017
    I plan to make the French Braid tree skirt called "Starry Christmas". I have collected the fabric and purchased the
    June Taylor shape cut ruler. Maybe I will get it started in July.........or maybe not! Thank you......this board keeps me inspired.

  16. #16
    Super Member gale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North-Central Indiana
    Posts
    4,637
    Blog Entries
    1
    There's a tree skirt pattern on the moda bake shop site. It's called Half Baked or something like that. That's probably the one I'll use when I make one.

    edit-it's called fruitcake under my tree. NO idea where I got half baked. :roll: Here's the link:
    http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/06/...r-my-tree.html

  17. #17
    Super Member brushandthimble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North of Boston, MA, USA
    Posts
    3,630
    I like the quilt not for a tree skirt, a little to busy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.