Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: You! are my family away from home.

Just wanted to tell each and every one of you, that I appreciate you. Thank you all so much for posting all of your comments, pictures, etc. I so enjoy reading your threads and looking at your beautiful quilting. I know it sounds maybe weird to some, but I feel a connection to all of you through your stories and quilting. When I feel down and yes, I do have down times here and there, not many, but I love life and I love all of you.

Maybe this sounds corny, but I just want you all to know, that no matter how deep in the valley you are and how high on the pedestal you are, I am here if ever you need someone to listen to you. Just wanted you all to know that! And not just me, but there are so many other quilters out there that I'm sure has the same kind of heart!

Don"t know why I am typing this, maybe the Lord knows someone needs to be told this right now, so I'm here, we are here! Hugs!

Love you all even if we have never met. I hope you all to have peace and happiness in your life. :)

Quote Originally Posted by hpylady
    Just wanted to tell each and every one of you, that I appreciate you. Thank you all so much for posting all of your comments, pictures, etc. I so enjoy reading your threads and looking at your beautiful quilting. I know it sounds maybe weird to some, but I feel a connection to all of you through your stories and quilting. When I feel down and yes, I do have down times here and there, not many, but I love life and I love all of you.

Maybe this sounds corny, but I just want you all to know, that no matter how deep in the valley you are and how high on the pedestal you are, I am here if ever you need someone to listen to you. Just wanted you all to know that! And not just me, but there are so many other quilters out there that I'm sure has the same kind of heart!

Don"t know why I am typing this, maybe the Lord knows someone needs to be told this right now, so I'm here, we are here! Hugs!

Love you all even if we have never met. I hope you all to have peace and happiness in your life. :)

Thanks for posting what many of us feel! When I'm down I go to the board! :thumbup: :thumbup:

How sweet of you! Sometimes we don't tell those that play an important part in our well being how much we appreciate them....but you have!!! You are so loving and generous to offer your support to any and all that may need it at this moment or in the future.

You are right! This is a wonderful site and we are family...it is not corny at all, it is the way I feel too. God Bless!

What a vey NICE way to express how we all feel........
    It is a wonderful support grp......
    God Bless us ALL.........................

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I posted a thread not long ago saying the same thing. I find that I could spend all day here if I needed. This board puts us in touch with new friends all over the world and shows us how wonderful people can be. We all need a lift once in a while. Man O Man can you get it here. Take care all. Hugs BrendaK

Blog Entries
    What a lovely statement and aren't you so sweet! Thank you so much and know that I also enjoy everyone here and love seeing/reading/greeting and getting to know everyone through our love for quilting. You are all my inspiration. Thank you for your kindness!

Blog Entries
    That's what we do as quilters and as women in general! We are caretakers by nature and always want to lend a helping hand or ear or advice, or fabric, or whatever is needed!!

Thanks for voicing what so many of us feel; and our board is so much cheaper than therapy, to say nothing of being more satisfying and Fun!

Formerly NY, IL, AL, TN, HI, FL, AL, MD and Germany. Now living in TN again. Moving to Arkansas
    What a sweet and thoughtful person you are. I love this board.

We are family!!!

Blog Entries
    Thank you. Kind words were needed this evening.

You are so welcome, rough days come and go, but we pick up the pieces and carry on don't we. It is good to know that we all feel the same. Wonderful board!

Blog Entries
    What a beautiful person you are! And all that make up this wonderful forum!
    I went recently with fear not knowing the language, but I needed to thank for everything I'd read for a period of two months!
    I immediately made to feel very welcome, unlike language swept under the carpet and all have opened their arms to me!
    His words reflect the joy I feel every morning when I see the message arrives at my "door", providing all the good that awaits me!
    Because there are only good things: support, teaching, sharing and caring! All in a great deal! It is perceived from the moment one discovers the place and go through the door!
    It is a great place "enlightened" for some reason! And it creates a large "loop" of all!
    A big hug for you and all!

So beautiful GV09!
    :)

Well said all.....I tell many people quilting (and the Quilting Board) are my therapy. Been going through some pretty rough stuff recently....I try and stop by regularly to get my dose of friendship, creativity and sunshine for the soul.

a very nice posting.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for your wonderful words. I agree with you. Everyone on this board has helped me get through the last couple of months. I have spent more time at home due to severe pain due to fibromyalgia and other medical conditions. The last 3 weeks I have been unable to work at all. Checking out all the post on the board through out the day has helped to keep my mind off everything. hpylady I would like to invite you to join the August secret pal swap. Last month was my first time and it was so wonderful. I enjoyed talking to everyone that was taking part. I was fun to see what everyone was sending and receiving. It's not expensive to do. Here is the link for it in case you are interested: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-139367-1.htm
    Sign up closes tomorrow at 8pm. I hope to see you there. This invite is also for anyone else who is interested. I am also going to add a link for the July swap in case you want to see what people are sending and all the wonderful comments that get posted back and forth. I is a great way to get to know people all over the place. Here is the link: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-132947-1.htm

Robyn

Blog Entries
    Amen to all, for the sweet talks and the friendship!!!

a regular here
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for saying that. I know at times I need to vent, but hold in. I have trouble talking to my sister, she alway know better then anyone else. Know what I mean.

wish we could have a "family reunion" someday, :)

Wouldn't that be awesome!!! (((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Thank you so much for your kind words, but mostly for your caring/sharing attitude. Surely this is how our whole world should be. We all know it is not, but at least many of us has found it here. God bless you all.
    JoAnn

What a lovely post to wake up to. I feel much the same way, but I could have never said it so well.

Thanks for your post. I, too, feel a kinship to the folks on this board.

Power Poster
    This is a great place to be!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast