Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are you thinking of doing this BOM--Fresh Lilacs??  Is it available at multiple place >

Are you thinking of doing this BOM--Fresh Lilacs?? Is it available at multiple place

Are you thinking of doing this BOM--Fresh Lilacs?? Is it available at multiple place

Old 03-18-2015, 06:03 PM

Default Are you thinking of doing this BOM--Fresh Lilacs?? Is it available at multiple place

I get emails from this LQS website and really, really like the look of this BOM quilt. I have never done a BOM quilt or subscription. Do you think this quilt/subscription will be available at other sites?? I have seen before that some BOM quilts you can buy the whole kit at one time. I am torn between subscribing now or seeing how the price differs from other sites.

https://www.shabbyfabrics.com/Fresh-...P35204C29.aspx
Old 03-19-2015, 06:44 AM
Power Poster

With Shabby Fabrics, their BOM are usually exclusive to their stores. I have been tempted to sign up for the Xmas BOM but it is just a little too expensive for me.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:12 AM

If I understand correctly, you are getting 2 blocks a month for $24 plus shipping. Most BOM kits I've seen are approx $35 to $40 per month plus shipping for 1 block. Sounds like a good deal for a BOM. As was stated above, I too think Shabby Fabrics BOM are available only from them. Plus, if you find it elsewhere it is not likely to be less expensive since it is a new BOM. If you participate keep us posted as to your progress. It is a beautiful quilt.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:56 PM

Love the idea of an "Oops Kit".
Old 03-19-2015, 01:19 PM

It adds up to $252.35 for a 50" x 63" quilt including registration, the "Opps", and the backing fabrics.

There are nine different blocks (the four corner blocks are the same).

It's beautiful but too rich for my blood. I'd be tempted to buy the fabric yardage and make up my own sampler version ..... if I didn't already have an overflowing bucket list, that is.

If you decide to do it, please share your adventure with us.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:25 PM

I do like the quilt, but have never signed up for a BOM because of the price. That one is a lot more reasonable than most I have seen. That being said, there are several free ones posting monthly on the internet. But, if you love that one, then go for it. We will look forward to seeing your progress.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:32 PM
Power Poster

It is pretty and does seem more affordable than most BOMs. I would ask the question if the last shipment cost more because you're getting sashing, borders, and binding.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:40 PM
Power Poster

This is a bargain for a BOM with fabric. The sign up fee is the lowest I've seen. I would definitely get the opps package. That is a great idea. I enlarged the pattern in EQ7 and every block will be easy to cut with Go dies. I signed up.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:44 PM

I agree pretty costly for that size quilt. Better to purchase yardage and do some blocks from Marti Michell, or your own design or something you like. Just too pricey to justify IMHO.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:40 PM

It's a very pretty quilt. As BOM's go, I think the price is reasonable. I, however, do not typically do BOM's because, as HouseDragon points out, it can be a bit pricey when you look at the total cost. My LQS usually does quilts similar to this each year as a 'Saturday Sampler'. Usually 4 colorways. The initial cost is usually the same $10 but if you bring your completed block to the next month's 'class' your fabrics for that month are free. If you are diligent, you can get all 12 blocks for the initial fee only! Plus I find it to be a great skill builder as well as having the opportunity to learn new techniques. Check with your LQS - they might have something similar.