Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Your favorite online quilt shop? >

Your favorite online quilt shop?

Your favorite online quilt shop?

Old 05-17-2014, 07:16 AM

I have found a great new online fabric shop! Go check out www.abbimays.com. They have a great selection of co-ordinating fabric lines. I actually found many of the specific ones I was looking for on sale for 50% off! Very fast responses to questions and shipping was done very next day I ordered. I know.....another place to get in trouble...... ;o)
Old 05-17-2014, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by sewwhat85 View Post
I know that shipping is high but so is gas at 3.40 a gallon or more so if your car gets 18 mpg if your shop is more than 14 miles away you have spent your 5 dollars in gas. just saying
That is an excellent way to think about it, sewwhat85. I like the ones mentioned, but wanted to add that thousands of bolts has a fabric match box. You click on the color you want to match and all those colors pop up. I've never been disappointed in the color match. Just sayin'.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:47 AM

Have you ever been to Craft Warehouse? Every time I visit the Pacific Northwest I look for a location. They have amazing deals on fabric. They buy over runs from Moda, Kaufman, and other big name fabrics. You are in for a treat if you live near one...

http://www.craftwarehouse.com/index.php/stores
Old 05-19-2014, 06:55 AM

Keepsake Quilting, Nancy's Notions, Fat Quarter shop, Shabby Fabrics, all have given good service and pricing. Nancy's has knowledgeable people you can chat with, the rest are great if you call them or email. Some shops will send you a swatch or a cut-off strip for a small fee. fabric.com sent me a bunch of swatches which was very helpful.
Equilter.com has some good sales and a wide selection.
Fort Worth has very good service - http://www.fortworthfabricstudio.com/
cottonclub.com has the fossil fern club and thread clubs and they are great people to deal with, so helpful!.
Speaking of thread, Superior threads is a good site and thread-experts!
I have done some reproductions and http://www.commonthreadsquilting.com/ has lovely civil war fabric and all that.

There, that's my faves! Happy motherhood, joy and blessings to you!
Old 06-17-2020, 01:24 PM

I had to start buying online recently and haven't been sewing in years. I used to shop at Erica's all the time in person and was so sad when they closed. They had the best applique supplies, kids' fabrics, and 30s Reproductions!

I've used quite a few Etsy sellers but the shipping is getting pricey since I purchase from several shops at once. Missouri Star Quilt Co. has been mentioned several times but I tend to only buy templates and precuts there. I've placed several large orders at the Fat Quarter Shop and have been pleased with the results.

Connecting Threads and Ebay had a couple fabrics recently that I'd been searching for but the results were disappointing. I'm too far from most quilt shops and am rather particular about the prints I purchase...so I'm also looking for suggestions. I tend to buy modern fabric designers' lines {Heather Ross, Aneela Hoey, Denyse Schmidt, Kaffe Fassett, Essex Linens}, Kona cottons, and 30s reproductions. I found Twiddletails for 30s and plan to purchase there soon.
Old 06-17-2020, 05:56 PM

Default Eleanor Burns

Quilt in a Day - Eleanor Burns website has daily deals. I have ordered a lot of fabric and notions from her. Fast service and some items are free shipping.
Old 06-18-2020, 06:31 AM

Over the years I've been a frequent shopper at many sites already mentioned - they are great! There is also a great search site - www.quiltshops.com You can enter a general or very specific fabric search and you will be shown several shops that carry what you are looking for. I've had some success using the word "sale" in my search also. Have fun!
Pat
Old 06-18-2020, 07:02 AM
Power Poster

retrogirl2- I checked out those Aneela Hoey fabrics and they are so adorable! A new-to-me line I really like is Art Gallery fabrics. I've gotten some really cute and whimsical fabrics for my baby granddaughter.
I buy almost all my fabrics these days on Etsy. They have some wonderful vendors.
My absolute fav is HunnieQuilt. She's so nice to work with. I buy almost exclusively from her.
A lot of Etsy shops have free ship over 35.00

Last edited by SusieQOH; 06-18-2020 at 07:04 AM.
Old 06-18-2020, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by klgls View Post
Have you tried Connecting Threads? They were limited on their fabric but their prices are good.
Definitely Missouri star. I think their prices are good and the selection is great. And like you said ,can't beat the shipping. Connecting threads is the best for thread. Also Thousands of bolts has great selection. Their fabric is about medium quality but their prices are really good.