Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Your Opinions please on these 2 items >

Your Opinions please on these 2 items

Your Opinions please on these 2 items

Old 10-06-2016, 05:32 AM

Hi, Bernamom: Could you use masking tape to tape your sidewinder down? A handicapped friend does that when she has several bobbins to wind. I use tape to hold my cordless charger tight to my desk.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:34 AM

Not sure if this is still current....I bought the Sidewinder at Joann's a few years ago and also found it does not work with Viking bobbins for some reason. It was okay for the other bobbins, but I ended up buying the bigger version, which I found to be more useful for me.

I also tried the cutting machine by Simplicity....not a good experience for me and I took it back.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:52 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bernamom View Post
I like my sidewinder. Wish it were a bit heavier so I didn't have to hold it down..

I put a piece of scrap heavy metal in the bottom. It holds the Sidewinder in place and it's not top heavy now. There is a lot of room in the housing underneath the working parts. It's easy to remove the screws.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:35 AM

I am not one for 'toys'. Usually the old fashion way is best. BUT, I bought the Side Winder one day on a big sale. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! It sits on my side bench and before starting a project I wind a couple bobbins and they are ready and waiting. I like the idea of less wear and tear on my machine and less rethreading the needle! Unless it is an odd project, I usually have a couple spools of the color, so just use the extra to wind the bobbins.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:13 AM

The sidewinder is awesome! Both of my sewing machine bobbins fit it and I love it. With that price you got a great deal as the sidewinder by itself is listed at about $30 at Hobby Lobby. Not sure about the cutter. Like someone else said give it a whirl and if you don't like it resell or donate it. Have a great day!
Old 10-06-2016, 08:24 AM

Cutter works great IF you want to IRON & STARCH your fabric first. I Sold mine because that is just too much work for me
Old 10-06-2016, 08:47 AM

Wink

*** Thanks for all the new input.
*** I do like the Sidewinder, but still haven't tried the Cutter.
*** I agree she did give a good price.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:13 AM

You did get a good price for both. I wore my sidewinder out so now I need another one. I bough the cutter but I did not like it so I took it back.