Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
You're my only hope, O..B..W.. >

You're my only hope, O..B..W..

You're my only hope, O..B..W..

Old 12-13-2010, 08:55 AM
Banned

Wow, the picture of the groovy fabrics that go with it are really great! I would probably use some of the flowers in the prints as my inspiration and applique in strategic places around the quilt. I made a groovy quilt using photos transferred to fabric. My kids had been in a dance, and I made headbands and flowers for the girls, then used those in a quilt after the show. My quilter used echo quilting, flowers and swirls to quilt it up, and we love it!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-142691.jpe   attachment-142692.jpe   attachment-142693.jpe  
Old 12-13-2010, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jo Mama
Watching the old shows is a good idea. I'm trying to remember what was "big" in the 70's. But can't really remember. I know I had some bright clothes that I'd be mortified to wear today. When was Woodstock?
1969 I think
Old 12-13-2010, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by doowopddbop
Wow, the picture of the groovy fabrics that go with it are really great! I would probably use some of the flowers in the prints as my inspiration and applique in strategic places around the quilt. I made a groovy quilt using photos transferred to fabric. My kids had been in a dance, and I made headbands and flowers for the girls, then used those in a quilt after the show. My quilter used echo quilting, flowers and swirls to quilt it up, and we love it!
Wow! Great job; you can't get more 70's than this.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by doowopddbop
Now this is retro 70"s! Great quilt! All that and psychodilia too!
Old 12-15-2010, 10:34 AM

when I bought my home in1973, both bathrooms and the kitchen had different wallpaper with white, green, yellow and orange flowers. The sent FQ's are pretty, I do not see how you can go wrong using the fabric she sent you, it will all tie in together...
Old 12-15-2010, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Kappy
Originally Posted by EagarBeez
I don't remember sunflowers when I was growing up in the 70's. It was colorful, bright colors, someone mentioned gold and avacado, that was kitchens.
Colors of the 70's
Bright pinks
orange
green
purple
tie dyed
yellow's
I remember there was a craze at one time in making paper flowers from tissue paper. I made some. Big and bright as far as flowers.
If that sunflower is suppose to represent the 70's it needs some pizzaz.
Clothes did not match back then, tye dyed t shirts and either bell bottoms, elephant legs (wide bell bottoms) afro style hair, no bras..favorite expression "Peace"
45 records
Beatles, Rolling Stones to name a few
but, bright colors,
Best to ask the person that sent you this sunflower, does she want subdued, or mod
I was raising my little ones in the 70's to, I do remember Saturday Night Fever etc., but didn't someone (John Denver or Glen Cambell or someone have a song called "Sunflower" or I could just be having a senior moment here!
I think that song was "Sunshine on your shoulders"...John Denver.lol....
Old 12-16-2010, 12:20 PM

Oh I sooo remember avocado green. Didn't like it then, don't like it now LOL
Old 12-22-2010, 01:17 PM

One of the big jokes about the 60's was: if you remember them, you weren't there :)

Oh, but we're talking about the 70's. Try this site:
https://first-fed.goldleaf.com/2695/mirror/]https://first-fed.goldleaf.com/2695/mirror/[/url]
I would definitely choose the "Groovy Prints" fabric <peace signs>
Janet