Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: You're right dear, I only have $100 worth of fabric...hah!

Blog Entries
    How do you put a price on joy, contentment, and that one little slice of heaven???

Blog Entries
    Never thought about insuring the quilting fabric, etc...I have 9 sewing machines plus fabrics...etc...wow...I would hate to lose it...

That's pretty funny! I needed that! Just can't put a value on my little sewing room. Would you put the scissors at $25 retail value or probably the $15 you actually paid for them? Tooooooooooo funny!!!!

Blog Entries
    What a great memory jogger! Thanks.
    I recently added a $3000 Janome Horizon to my collection. And an Inspira frame.
    And if I had to replace my fabric stash today - it would cost thousands.
    Insurance is there for the emergencies. You never know when you're going to need it.
    For instance, this summer, my freezer quit. It was covered by my house insurance - but only the contents. And that gave me $600 for a small 11 cu ft freezer. Not including the price for replacing the freezer. The agent sent a cheque no questioned asked because I took photos of the contents - in it's ugly, melted state.
    And don't forget, just because you got it on sale the first time, doesn't mean you can replace it for that price!
    So, take pictures of your stash if you can't list it. You won't regret it.

I am afraid to even consider what it all costs :oops:

I think I would have just asked for the insurance person's email address and sent it myself and skipped telling DH. tee hee

I have a rider on my home owners policy for my quilting stuff. My agent could not believe the value. He had to see it for himself ... when I pulled off a chunk of fabric and told him just the one piece was $10.00 then counted just one shelf .. he quickly stated ... "your right , you would not be covered if this was all lost". The rider costs mimimal but nice to now I would be able to "replace" my "investment".

Boy ,! girl you've got guts . I don't care if my quilting stuff is insured or not , I will never tell anyone of my insane passion for all things related to sewing. :D

crap.. I never thought about the insurance! MY hubby goes with me all the time, so he knows what I have... not sure he realizes how 100 here and $50 there adds up, but he was witness to most of my purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by plainjane
    How can you explain that to a non quilter! :) A tool stash would never need an explaination. :) I never keep receipts and would be hard pressed to come up with a $ value. I am lucky (encourages me to buy) as my DH is usually with me at every purchase and knows the price of fabrics. I know it would be a chore, but pics would go a long way for itemizing-I shudder at the thought :) AND the value goes up with a finished quilt!
    I came in through customs in October and the agent asked how I could possibly have over $600 in fabric for personal use... Well, at nearly $30/metre the stuff added up quickly... stupid exchange rates...

Cheers, K

Blog Entries
    You are so funny ROFL but it is too true!! Cheryl
    Quote Originally Posted by mrspete
    For this moment in life, it is nice being single, hhahahaaha oh my. "fessing up" would give me hives.

Blessings to you all,
    Ruth

The whole thread has me thinking that I probably need to total the value of all of my craft supplies (quilting, scrapbooking, stamping and cross stitch) and quietly add a rider to our policy. I don't even want to think about what I have invested in this right now - and I certainly don't want to fess up to DH.

Sounds like a good project for the next week or so as I need to clear off the futon in order to give it to a student (and get it out of my house).

Cheers, K

I am suppose to inventory my fabrics and tell my insurance agent how much they are worth. Where do I start? With fabrics? What about thread and patterns and rulers and all the other stuff that I need? Then there are my machines and the Ott lite and the cabinet one machine is mounted in and the computer because it holds my embroidery designs. I'm not sure I want to know the total myself.

I dont feel so bad about how much I spend on fabric. My vacuum broke that I got for christmas when looking for the receipt I found my husbands receipts for his tools that he has bought this year totally (yes I totalled it) $3350.00, cant wait for him to bring up fabric again.

What a timely reminder. I should photograph the new computer as well for insurance purposes.

This can be quite serious ! We went through a tornado once, and the insurance wanted quite the detailed list, not fun

heheh If my DW only KNEW how much fabric I have she would kill me!!!

PS: DW= Darling Wife

OMG! I read this to my DH, then he looked at me and asked how much I had invested. Then I asked myself, what the @$%! was I thinking!? I told him the truth, and said $8-10 grand, less than his Harley I reminded him, and since I had 99% of it before we got married last June, there wasnt a whole lot he could say!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Furza Flyin
    How do you put a price on joy, contentment, and that one little slice of heaven???
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*shhhhhh* I don't wanna talk about it.

How could a price be put onto my therapy?

Part of the comfort is the knowledge that it is readily available. Seriously though, I should take an inventory and come up with an estimate. ROFLOL.

Blog Entries
    It's not just my fabric that has the high dollar attached. It's books and tools too. I have a collection of out of print quilt books that are outrageously priced on Ebay. I didn't pay that much and never will. Most of the vintage books I found for .50 to a $1 at Goodwill over the years. I found most of the newer OOP books at yard sales or basement book sell outs. Not many people think an old quilt book is worth anything. I printed out several sold bids and Abe Books prices for each OOP book for insurance purposes. My DDs know the value of my quilting items and what to save and what to give away.

LOL....oh my, that is all so funny!! course my husband doesn't say much cause he spends quite abit on his hobbies so I am safe on that, but insurance... ummm that is a good thing to do as there is WAY over what you told him!!!!

LOL, you all are so funny.

To be fair to DH, I asked him later if he was "upset" and he said not at all just "shocked" at how much fabric cost he honestly had no idea. He knows it's my hobby and he has his (golf), we aren't in any debt over it, and I quilt almost everyday so he knows I truly use the fabric it's not wasted...I kept my mouth shut about all the UFOs I have made from said fabric and the fact I have more than I'll ever use in 3 lifetimes. :lol:

Tanesha

It seem that an on going inventory and pics will need to be concidered. Then keep it in a disaster proof safe.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast