Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
** Round Robin III  Group # 7 Ladies Sew Lucky ** >

** Round Robin III Group # 7 Ladies Sew Lucky **

** Round Robin III Group # 7 Ladies Sew Lucky **

Old 02-27-2011, 09:21 AM

It's bothering me and I'll ask for your forgivness in the delay in getting Donna's round posted, It's planned, cut and ready to sew, Nephew getting married in the next couple of weeks and I'm knee deep in alterations for the Brides maids dresses, decorations and wedding prep. You know that o life getting in the way:)
Old 02-27-2011, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by C.Cal Quilt Girl
It's bothering me and I'll ask for your forgivness in the delay in getting Donna's round posted, It's planned, cut and ready to sew, Nephew getting married in the next couple of weeks and I'm knee deep in alterations for the Brides maids dresses, decorations and wedding prep. You know that o life getting in the way:)
I wouldn't worry about it Carol. I know where you're coming from. Wedding take a lot of work. It is great that you are doing all this for your nephew and his bride. This round you actually have until May 15. Some of us, and I am one of them, like to get it done as soon as it comes if I can just to get it out of the way. Just hoping I don't forget where I put it. :lol: :lol:
Old 03-07-2011, 03:14 PM

Hi Girls, Thought I would stop by and see what everybody has been up to. We have been quiet lately. I have had some family things to deal with. My mom has been diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. She has chosen not to have any treatment or meds. as of now. I did find time to finish up a quilt that I will be selling raffle tickets on for Relay For Life. I think I really messed it up though. I decided to quilt some feathers on it and they are ugly to me. Oh well...what has everybody else been up to?
Old 03-07-2011, 04:35 PM

So sorry to hear about your Mom, Jodimae. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

I have joined in the Embroidered Affair of the Heart Cybersew. We have been busy picking fabrics to make this quilt. Actual sewing doesn't start til June, but I've practicing a lot of applique since it's not one of my major accomplishments so far. I think it will be fun. Here's the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-95413-1.htm

I'm trying to figure out a quilt to make for my 7 year old DGS for his birthday. Haven't decided yet what to do.

I have enough blocks to make about half a dozen quilts from swaps I've done in the last year and need to get busy and get some of them sewn together.

Lots to do, not enough time in a day anymore. Hope we hear from some of the others.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:09 PM

Jodi, Sorry to hear about your Mom, Hang in there one of the hardest things I've ever dealt with was sick parents.
{{{{ Huggs }}}}
Old 03-09-2011, 06:21 AM

Thanks Judy and Carol.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:01 PM

Wow, Jodi and Judy, those quilts are gorgeous. I completely understand, Jodi, what it feels like to want to do another round. Sometimes they just shout as us!!!

I am very glad I've joined this IRR, because it's the only quilting I get done nowadays. Going back to unversity at my age might have a better idea than reality but I'm in too deep now to back out. One year from now and it will all be history, though, and I'm focused on that.

Jodi, sorry to hear about your mom. Nothing I can say will make things better, but enjoy all the time together you now have. It is precious.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:09 AM

Thank you Barbara. I am trying to spend every moment I can with her.

Originally Posted by b.zang
Wow, Jodi and Judy, those quilts are gorgeous. I completely understand, Jodi, what it feels like to want to do another round. Sometimes they just shout as us!!!

I am very glad I've joined this IRR, because it's the only quilting I get done nowadays. Going back to unversity at my age might have a better idea than reality but I'm in too deep now to back out. One year from now and it will all be history, though, and I'm focused on that.

Jodi, sorry to hear about your mom. Nothing I can say will make things better, but enjoy all the time together you now have. It is precious.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:11 AM

BIG OOPS!! My computer is down and I'm using my daughters...was not logged in on my name but hers. SORRY

Originally Posted by jamh
Thank you Barbara. I am trying to spend every moment I can with her.

Originally Posted by b.zang

Old 03-18-2011, 09:55 PM

Hi Ladies, So the Wedding went Very well, and it was a Great Time, Beautiful Bride & Hansom Groom. Didn't know I'd be sore the next day felt like it was a marathon :)

So on to the other Good Stuff !!

Donna, Hope this is not too far outside the box, tried to remember it is for your DH. So I hope he likes it!! :)

Not sure why it dosen't want to load right now will try tommorrow :? :?:

Lets try again !!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]171889[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-171884.jpe