Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
1.5" square swap - sign-up closes November 15 >

1.5" square swap - sign-up closes November 15

1.5" square swap - sign-up closes November 15

Old 11-08-2010, 01:20 PM

Thanks to a special friend, I have missy's address and will send her my 15 sets in the morning.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by brookemarie19
Thanks to a special friend, I have missy's address and will send her my 15 sets in the morning.

I have 15 sets ready to mail. Could someone PM me Missy's address too please? Thanks!
Old 11-08-2010, 03:06 PM

I have too much on my plate right now. I am going to have to drop this swap. Sorry ladies :( Have fun without me
Old 11-08-2010, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier
I have too much on my plate right now. I am going to have to drop this swap. Sorry ladies :( Have fun without me
We'll be looking for you on the next one...Missi is so generous with her time and effort...she does this swap at least twice a year....due to a new job I was running short on time too, so....I did a quick "cheat"....I bought a honeybun roll with 40 different fabrics so I only had to come up with 10 fabrics from my scraps and stash...this is probably how I will do this swap from now on...since the honeybun is already cut to 1.5" in width all I had to do was crosscut the strips into squares that were 1.5" in length, and I used a June Tailor Shape Cut ruler to do that...I was able to cut the 750 postage stamp pieces in less than 1 hour....this was a big time saver for me and I will be doing it again....
Old 11-08-2010, 05:55 PM

did you get the address?
Old 11-08-2010, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by pattis47
did you get the address?
I did, thank you.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Darcene
We'll be looking for you on the next one...Missi is so generous with her time and effort...she does this swap at least twice a year....due to a new job I was running short on time too, so....I did a quick "cheat"....I bought a honeybun roll with 40 different fabrics so I only had to come up with 10 fabrics from my scraps and stash...this is probably how I will do this swap from now on...since the honeybun is already cut to 1.5" in width all I had to do was crosscut the strips into squares that were 1.5" in length, and I used a June Tailor Shape Cut ruler to do that...I was able to cut the 750 postage stamp pieces in less than 1 hour....this was a big time saver for me and I will be doing it again....
What a great idea. I'll keep this in mind for future swaps if I'm finding myself short on time.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Darcene
Wow!!! I never thought of that. What a great idea. I am a bit intimidated by the 1.5 inch squares. They are so tiny. But I love seeing the end results. There are some cool ones out on the web that I have been browsing. I would love to see anyone else's if they have anything started. Hopefully I can join ya'all on the next one
Old 11-09-2010, 06:45 AM

Mine are cut and packaged! Will send them to Missi today! Yay, another project done!
Old 11-10-2010, 07:27 PM

Mailed mine out today.