Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2.5” swap – Let’s Make “Charming Addition”! ***Sign up closes June 5, 2013*** >

2.5” swap – Let’s Make “Charming Addition”! ***Sign up closes June 5, 2013***

2.5” swap – Let’s Make “Charming Addition”! ***Sign up closes June 5, 2013***

Old 06-24-2013, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by djmat View Post
Fraew, girl you ROCK, too! Thank you for all the effort you put into helping us make the Charming Addition, so excited to do my layout for it after I organize all the cool squishy contents. You are appreciated!
Oooh please post pics when you all do layouts and piecing. We would love to see what you are up to.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:45 PM

Is it mail time yet??? can't wait!!!
Old 06-25-2013, 05:09 AM

Please include me in the next charm swap. I am addicted to a certain website using 2.5 charms. I just completed one and I started on another. Each block contains 100 different charms x 12 blocks. Thanks and if this one needs a new person I can mail something today or next week. I am leaving Wed-Sat.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by hollyj3 View Post
Please include me in the next charm swap. I am addicted to a certain website using 2.5 charms. I just completed one and I started on another. Each block contains 100 different charms x 12 blocks. Thanks and if this one needs a new person I can mail something today or next week. I am leaving Wed-Sat.
Hi! This swap is closed but please stay tuned. A new 2.5" square swap will be posted shortly. Woo hoo!!
Old 06-25-2013, 07:56 AM

Hi Everyone, here's my progress so far..I sew 3 of the 5 together chain piecing then set the remaining 2 on top of the 3-piece...I then stack them so I don't lose track of them...I have over 100 sets done this way so far...here's a photo.
Attached Thumbnails 003.jpg  
Old 06-25-2013, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
Hi Everyone, here's my progress so far..I sew 3 of the 5 together chain piecing then set the remaining 2 on top of the 3-piece...I then stack them so I don't lose track of them...I have over 100 sets done this way so far...here's a photo.
OK = that's sounds easy....what's the next step? A design wall?
Old 06-25-2013, 01:02 PM

I only have a bulletin board covered with flannel so I'll be putting them together in sections...I'm leaving this Thursday for a short stay in NC and I'll be sewing them next week...Fraew is sending me my Squishy there...I can't wait...I hope I can work out some sort of system for myself...I'll clue you guys in if I do...
Old 06-25-2013, 01:06 PM

I'm doing the same as Honchey. Everything I have is sewn in groups of 3 with the other 2 pinned to it at the moment so I can't misplace them. When the new ones come, I will sew their 3's and then start playing. I have less than 100 sets so my quilt will not be huge. I suppose I will lay them on the bed and start sewing. It will be motivational since I won't be able to go to bed until it's finished!
Old 06-25-2013, 07:39 PM

Honchey, I can't see your pic of the way to chain piece & stack for a layout, Please, post your pic again, Please.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:08 PM

I didn't post a photo for that...I stack the 5 piece sets turning each one slightly so that I can pick the set up easy by the corners..these are placed to the right of the sewing machine on the table where it's comfortabe for me to grab them...where I placed them earlier... I take all 5 pieces up then remove 2.. face them right sides together stitch them..don't remove from the machine. the 3 remaining pieces are on the bed of the machine as far to the right...next to the pillar...leave them there....pick up another set and repeat the procedure...just make sure the 3 pieces are placed in the same order as the 2 piece you have sewn...when you are done sewing them all...remove the chained 2 piece's from the machine and clip and stack them in the same order that you sewed them...turn the 2 piece stack over....turn the 3 piece stack over.....pick up a sewn 2 piece open & finger press...take a 3 piece set..remove one..place the 2 remaining pieces on the left side of the machine...sew the 1 piece to the 2 sewn set..do not remove from the machine....repeat the same procedure as you did in the beginning.... when all the sewing is done..remove the chained 3 piece...clip and stack in the same order sewn...turn the 3 piece set over stack over as well as the remaining 2 pieces...finger press the 3 piece...place the 2 piece on top...if you sew & stack in the right order then turn them over...you don't have to scramble to match them up later on...you do it as you sew...