Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed >

2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

Old 02-03-2014, 11:20 AM

ok, found my way again as to post pics, all are different adn i had to remember hwo to do it, so here goes, i didnot do swatches, but i will be giving sneak peaks of the blocks as they progress, as well, well darn it will not upload my image keeps saying failed, so i will try it agian , i will take another pic are redo this pic, not sure
Old 02-04-2014, 09:35 PM

Awhh, shoot!!! All ready to start cutting fabric and my printer went ka-put so I can't print out my pattern! Spent all afternoon trying troubleshooting, etc. to no avail. Best I can figure is the print head it out. Guess I'll shop for a new printer tomorrow - a new print head just about equal to a new printer..who knew???
Old 02-05-2014, 06:22 AM

bummer mumukate luckily printers are pretty reasonable. I still have to upload new drivers for mine. It worked with my old computer but not with the new windows 8. I am finally figuring out windows 8. It is not my favorite operating system to be sure.

I picked up some white on white for sashing for your quilt Tam...moo. I think it will really keep this fresh looking. I was so tempted to get red with little gold stars on it but I restrained myself. There will be enough red in the quilt top to still give the Christmas feel
Old 02-05-2014, 06:26 AM

OK, checking in here. The background is all set. Had some painted fabric left for the sky. I hate skies that have the same clouds over and over and seven suns! Main figure has been constructed and working now on some of the other figures. Making great progess but time for a break and a couple quilts needing bindings are waiting.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:18 AM

Cutting out 4-patches today. Will take pictures of the fabric for the 4 patches. These are going to be fun!!!
Old 02-05-2014, 08:44 AM

Sewed on Dabbler's quilt yesterday and thought I'd really made progress. Sewed the pieces to the wrong end of the block, seam ripper came out, re-press all the pieces and sewed them in the right places. I sewed a lot but didn't make any progress. Today is another day
Old 02-05-2014, 09:18 AM

Here is what the 4-patches will look like. Remind you of water???

[ATTACH=CONFIG]460615[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 4-patch.jpg  
Old 02-05-2014, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
bummer mumukate luckily printers are pretty reasonable. I still have to upload new drivers for mine. It worked with my old computer but not with the new windows 8. I am finally figuring out windows 8. It is not my favorite operating system to be sure.

I hate Windows 8 - it came out right before I got my new computer & it was all you could get. All it is Microsoft trying to play like Apple - & they're not very good at it! Waiting for Windows 9 to appear. If history repeats itself that will be a good release. Microsoft seems to have an "every-other-version-is-a-keeper" streak going.

I'm torn as to what kind of printer to get. My kaput printer is an HP Photosmart and is was okay - until it quit. Does anyone have some advice?
Old 02-05-2014, 01:14 PM

I've got a pattern picked. The pattern isn't complicated at all and has plenty of open spaces to play with quilting options. I'm looking forward to that part, I haven't done it before and the other quilts I'm working on don't have anywhere to play with the designs. Now I'm kicking around which way to go with color choices. I have a vague idea but will need to browse the racks and look at fabrics for real. Buying fabric will have to wait until payday at the end of the month.
Stupid budget.
Rodney
Old 02-05-2014, 01:57 PM

budgets suck don't they? I live by the tightest of them.. magic acts is what I call it. Its a magic act I did this or got that or finished this because I needed that.. all I needed was magic! thankfully I believe hard enough and usually magic does come into play you think I am nuts but I am a believer. (oh no is that like .. coming out? or admitting I believed in fairies as a kid and gnomes and grumpies? not sharing that you will know then I am a nutbar)..

I pulled out your blocks again and some coordinating fabrics I own. I don't have very many of those angel blocks at all.. think after I make two more I will have 5. or I made one more and put one as a center focal fabric in the quilt.But found a darling vintage Santa that could make a great center its red background but.. it works great Tam Moo with the others. I might try to find more of that angel fabric.. it is adorable and oh so old fashioned and darling. lol .. you would never know I liked it right?