Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups >

2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

Old 04-11-2016, 03:44 PM
Power Poster

Thanks Moonrise... I'm going to Paducah next week for my birthday treat to myself, so I'll be celebrating for a while yet. I've always wanted to go to that show and on impulse I booked myself a B&B 20 minutes from Paducah and bought a ticket to the show! This was the Big 6-0 for me, so I had to do something special....

Have any of you been to Quilt Week in Paducah and have tips on what not to miss?
Old 04-11-2016, 05:26 PM
Power Poster

sewbizgirl~ I hope you thoroughly enjoy yourself! You deserve it!
Old 04-11-2016, 06:32 PM
Power Poster

Here are all of your cards, up on the door frame. I am enjoying them being out on display so I can see them and smile...

Just got the last of the candies sorted. I had to empty out a second drawer in my stacking drawer cabinet and start another drawer of these yummy candies... and it's already nearly as full as the first drawer I had! Got to use the candy!

I sorted out I Spy type candies, Christmas theme candy, batiks, Civil War prints, 30's prints, Rowan prints, and then all the others. I will eventually go back through the "others" and sort them into color families... but not tonight!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]547615[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc02386.jpg  
Old 04-11-2016, 07:03 PM

What a fun idea! I've only gone to Paducah once ... last month ... and there wasn't anything special going on at the time, but definitely don't miss Hancock's of Paducah! My jaw dropped as soon as I went in the door, and I was so overwhelmed at all the DELICIOUS FABRIC that I couldn't even shop at first. LOL! 2-1/2 hours and one tired DH later, I did GOOD to get out of there "just" $150 lighter! Poor DH followed me around with the shopping cart the whole time, patiently waiting on me to change my mind 58 times. He's actually an "enabler", and kept telling me to buy whatever I wanted, but somebody had to keep the budget in mind! he he <3
Old 04-11-2016, 07:31 PM
Power Poster

Wow, what a great guy! My husband would never be able to handle that. I fabric shop alone. My one exception is my daughter... when she can go to the warehouse store with me, it's actually fun. She gets just as caught up in it as I do.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Thanks for the early birthday wishes!

How about late Birthday wishes? Happy (late) Birthday!!!

I can't even remember everything I did Saturday. I believe there was some sewing in the middle of the day. I've been putting my Allterie blocks together. I'm half done and got side tracked today with a baby quilt I need for Thursday. I don't know why I can't focus on ONE thing. I'll show a pic of the finished gift maybe Wednesday if I'm lucky. (Tomorrow if I'm REALLY lucky.)
Old 04-11-2016, 08:36 PM
Power Poster

I've been away, and visiting places like Texas and Oklahoma. What fun! I got to meet up with SheriR, and later, djmat! So enjoyed getting together with each of these lovely ladies!
I received a bunch of squishy envelopes too. From nls, Anoka Quilter, trish b, WMUTeach, happylab, oldcatlady, Rosemary A., and Barb K. And a special pkg, from Jaba. Thank you ladies! You're great!
Old 04-11-2016, 08:44 PM

Sewbizgirl, you are really doing up your big 6-0 RIGHT! I love how you displayed your candies for the pictures. Love the cards over the doorway. Love that you have had such fun sorting and are looking forward to "going back" for additional sorting later. Yum, yum! It's fun to live vicariously through you while I wait .... and wait....and wait....for August to get here!!!
Old 04-11-2016, 09:54 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
It's fun to live vicariously through you while I wait .... and wait....and wait....for August to get here!!!
It will be here before you know it and you are going to have SO. MUCH. FUN. I love that we have so many newbies this year, because we get to go through it all with you. You are going to love it. Really adds another dimension to your birthday!
Old 04-12-2016, 03:38 AM

Had a nice visit with Mariposa in greater Tulsa last Friday. We shop hopped, hit a garage sale with a cabinet sewing machine (did not buy), and had a light lunch at my house where we scoped out my work space. Flowers were in bloom all over town & it felt like spring was finally here.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]547622[/ATTACH]
Thank You, Mariposa, for a lovely day!
hugs,
dj
Attached Thumbnails 20160408_144811.jpg