Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 01-04-2022, 02:55 AM

Barb, I am sad that you won't be with us for this up coming year, ignore my PM from earlier today, but life does shift and change from time to time. Yes, lurk to your heart's content and toss in any good ideas for 2.5's as you stumble upon them. Always room for more ways to make use of our piles, bins and stash of these addictive little squares. I will miss you and your mentoring, jolly encouragement and lovely photos of what you have made birthday candies.

Old 01-04-2022, 10:27 AM
Power Poster

Boo hoo Barb... the swap won't be the same without you. Please pop in and say hello when you can. I remember your mom from the time we met up at the Paducah show. You pushed her around the whole show and vendors areas in her wheelchair. You are such an amazing daughter!

NZ, how blessed are you to have a husband who can fix your machines? I have a wonderful old Bernina 830 that has a very worn armature and eats through it's motor (carbon) brushes faster than it should. I have had to learn how to get in there and change the brushes. It's either that or a new armature, and the little carbon brushes are cheap.

Irishmom, I have the Elizabeth Hartman pattern book for Fancy Forrest, but have yet to make it. I should make it for my baby grandson.

Old 01-06-2022, 05:29 PM

Would those of you who are continuing on with us for 2022 or even those who are not, would you pop over to the new page and leave a message or comment. Our swap is not showing up for others to find us and we have only 13 signed up. Folks may not even know we exist. Post a photo, make a comment or respond to someone in the 2022 Birthday Swap Thread. I would like to see our group expand to 20-25 for 2022. Thanks, all.
Old 01-07-2022, 08:18 AM

I finally got my January candies mailed off. Are you ready for your birthday, aborning?

I hope everyone had a great New Year celebration. We are now in Mardi Gras season. Yay!! I'm pulling fabric for next year's candies already but slicing up a bunch of purple, green and golds for a Mardi Gras runner at the same time. These candies are so versatile! My ghost isn't quilted yet..... I'll post it on the 2022 chat to keep that post bumped up.
Old 01-07-2022, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
NZ, yes, PM me to let me know you want to join in and how many swapping partners you want. That way I don't miss any one's message buried in the thread of our conversations .

I promised to show what I was doing with my birthday candies. So here it is. Each block is from one person's envelope of little treats. I am writing your name on the upper right rectangle. (I have covered Macybaby's real name, but it is on the block for posterity. This will serve as my exchange block quilt for 2021. My local quilt group is not doing an exchange this year. So sad.
I have wanted to do this for years because It is such a nice way to document who is in the group. I have 8 blocks done and will keep plugging along until of you are represented in my 2021 quilt.
Did you ever finish this quilt? Such a great idea!!
Old 01-07-2022, 02:37 PM

I will be taking a yearlong break from the swap too. With my mom's cancer and treatment, I am having to cut down on the extracurricular activities. I will pop in but just do not have the time to commit.
Old 01-07-2022, 04:27 PM
Power Poster

Sorry to hear that Hav, but it's totally understandable. I hope your Mom's cancer treatment works for her. Bless you both!
Old 01-07-2022, 04:39 PM

Ibex, the top is finished it just needs to be layered and quilted. I don't have a place large enough to layer it in my home. But, my quilt group has begun to meet again and on the last Saturday in January, we will have a work day at the library with plenty of tables and space for layering. I will hopefully get it quilted and bound by the end of February. Not quite a UFO but pushing the boundaries. Thanks for asking. .
Old 01-11-2022, 06:20 AM

Default health

Hi Kiddies,
My health has continued sliding and can't participate in next years swap. It feels awful needing to do this but I'm overextended and something had to give. have fun.
Old 01-11-2022, 07:27 AM

Default Joining!

I'd love to join for 2022/2023!