Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 02-23-2021, 08:47 AM

[QUOTE=WMUTeach;8462666]Well, we now have our 2021/2022 Birthday Swap List. There is one additional swapper who may be joining us, but the birthday is not in March, so we are OK. Just getting some details tied up in a birthday bow. I will be sending out the first Birthday info tomorrow afternoon by PM. Get those dear little packages ready!

Our first contest will be posted March 1!
Our list is as follows:
NZQuilter - March
AHWU - April
Sewbizgirl - April
Macybaby - May
Irish Mom - May
Gaijin - May
Kele - June
Patrick's Mom - June
Crispy Frog - June
LorMarSzon - June
Hav4boys - July
travelinggranma - August
WMUTeach - September
Loveofquilts - September
ibex94 - September
Cuppy - October
BarbaraKibler23 - October
WendyMcD - October
aboring - January

Did you find out if there are 19 or 20? I like to get them cut and prepped all at one time. Packed inside the envelope so I can just put a stamp on them at the appropriate time. Life really gets in the way for me. As y’all know.
Old 02-24-2021, 04:30 PM

Default Color

Check out the Laurel Burch pre cuts
[email protected]

Totally my kinds of colors. I really need to get them. For the last two days I’ve been trying to cut my charms. I think I got 29 done finally. At the very last one the chair slipped out from under me and I ended up on the wood floor ouch. So, yeah, need them.
Old 02-24-2021, 04:50 PM
Power Poster

Wendy, so far there are 19 in the swap.
Old 02-25-2021, 03:46 AM

All, we will be staying at 19 members this year. Sorry, I forgot to return to give the final total. I had my second Covid vaccination and suffered from a couple of days of fuzzy thinking, chills and generally feeling crummy. Those symptoms are sneaky. You don't realize how not well you are until you start feeling better.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:59 AM
Power Poster

Thinking about NZQuilter today... and hoping she has a babe in arms by now.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:40 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
All, we will be staying at 19 members this year. Sorry, I forgot to return to give the final total. I had my second Covid vaccination and suffered from a couple of days of fuzzy thinking, chills and generally feeling crummy. Those symptoms are sneaky. You don't realize how not well you are until you start feeling better.
Aww, I am glad you are feeling better. Yes, they say there are a lot of side effects from the vaccines. It is better than having full blown COVID though... So happy that you are all done with them though.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Loveofquilts View Post
Aww, I am glad you are feeling better. Yes, they say there are a lot of side effects from the vaccines. It is better than having full blown COVID though...
That isn’t necessarily true. Most people recover from covid, as any flu, unless they already have serious health problems. The shots are risky and have caused deaths and permanent disabilities. I am not getting them.

https://img.theepochtimes.com/assets...-4-700x420.jpg
Old 02-26-2021, 05:31 AM

It's been nice to see the sun here in snowy Michigan this week! I "escaped" yesterday to Shipshewana and found many fun bargains. My favorite fabric store had added lots to their $6.95 sale room and fat quarters were on sale for $1.50! Too bad I already had everything cut for this swap, but I guess I already have lots of fun for next year!

Even though we have had more snow (and cold) than normal this winter, it has really been pretty to keep the snow on the ground and to get that one or two inches every night to brighten it up. But having sun and the warm winds of the mid 40s is getting me ready for spring!! I hope you all are enjoying the weather in your neck of the woods!

Have a great weekend!
Old 02-26-2021, 05:55 AM

I plan on getting my candy packs cut and packed this weekend, I had already cut up all my 2.5" scrap strips and had enough for about 40 packs, but decided I'd keep them for myself and cut up fresh stuff to share. I'll pick out 50 fabrics and cut strips, then lay out the strips, 4 to a layer, put for layers side by side and use the stripology ruler to subcut. Then I can put two 4 stacks together for an 8 stack, 6 of them make 48 and then add two on top and wrap it up.

Today DH and I are going to the Home Show about 2 hours away. We are getting close to starting on the major remodel of the kitchen and I've got to get going on planning and design. We do the work ourselves, and this is not our first rodeo by a long shot.

Old 02-26-2021, 07:09 AM

Macybaby, Wow an new kitchen. A dream of mine. I have a very small kitchen in my condo with no room to change its footprint, but I am considering some replacing and upgrading of appliances and flooring at least. I always battle with myself about do it now or do it latter. Guess I am starting to fall into the do it now and enjoy it side of the fence now.

Your cutting plan sounds so organized. I have never had yardage to cut from or even 50 strips to work with. Always used good old scraps and a few small cuts (fat quarters left from another project) to work from. Your way should take much less time! I cut up a bin of scraps a couple of weeks ago and I now have 8 - 13x9 sized storage containers of 2.5's all sorted by color. Plenty for the Debby Brown Color quilt projects for 2021 and a few years of Birthday Swaps too!

Ta-Ta from sunny Michigan. Still plenty of snow. The Canada geese are courting in my back yard, so spring must be looming over the horizon.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 02-26-2021 at 07:12 AM.