Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap >

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Old 01-19-2021, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
I'm going to check if I have enough different fabrics than last year before I sign up for this year. I didn't buy much new fabric last year. I loved the comradery of the group for a whole year!

Oh, I hope you can dig out enough for our swap!. It is a nice group of folks to swap birthday wishes, quilting ideas and of course those precious little 2.5's. This is my 8th year and I am looking forward to "old friends" and hopefully some "new old friends" too. We would miss you. I haven't bought much either but I had plenty to start with. I can see the stash diminishing but still more than one closet full.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 01-19-2021 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-21-2021, 04:26 AM

Hope more people will be joining! I plan on joining unless it fills up before the deadline.

Old 01-24-2021, 04:52 AM

I just bumped into this Birthday Swappers. Simple and likely quick with just a little twist. https://blog.patsloan.com/2013/10/pa...cider-row.html

Old 01-24-2021, 08:35 AM

Pass the word among your friends about our swap both on and off the QB. Our numbers are low but we still have plenty of time to add more, February 20. I would like to see us get to at least 20 and 30 would be grand.

January 24 Sign-up Update

AHWU - April
Sewbizgirl - April
Irish Mom - May
Gaijin - May
Kele - June
Patrick's Mom - June
Crispy Frog - June
Hav4boys - July
travelinggranma - August
WMUTeach - September
BarbaraKibler23 - October
aborning - January
Old 01-24-2021, 08:35 AM

I'm back for the fun! Hi gang! I am ready for some socially distanced action here!
Old 01-25-2021, 02:03 PM

I just sent WMUTeach my sign-up PM! I'm in for another year as I think I have enough fabrics. Really digging into my scrap bins for squares, so it's been fun! I don't know how much sewing I'll contribute to the group this year, with Baby #4 due in three weeks. I'm hoping my energy returns after birth, but we will see.
Old 01-25-2021, 05:42 PM

I apologize to you all. I did sign up for this swap--- but..... my life has gotten so busy at work and a lot busier with traveling for family, because of all my children living out of state. I have decided it will be best for me to sit out this year and rejoin next year when--hopefully I will have more time to dedicate to it. I have enjoyed this swap the past few years but feel it will best on my sanity if I take a break this year since my life is so crazy busy. I hope you all enjoy the swap this year.
Old 01-25-2021, 06:16 PM
Power Poster

Yay... glad you are 'in', NZQuilter! Better get some envelopes stuffed before that baby comes....

We will miss aborning!
Old 01-26-2021, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by aborning View Post
I apologize to you all. I did sign up for this swap--- but..... my life has gotten so busy at work and a lot busier with traveling for family, because of all my children living out of state. I have decided it will be best for me to sit out this year and rejoin next year when--hopefully I will have more time to dedicate to it. I have enjoyed this swap the past few years but feel it will best on my sanity if I take a break this year since my life is so crazy busy. I hope you all enjoy the swap this year.
Sorry you will not be with us, but you know your life commitments and just how much extra you can take on. Lurk the thread all you like and watch for the new swap sign up next January.
Old 01-28-2021, 05:57 PM

Hey Kiddies, I'm signed up again. Had a bad end to 2020 and a terrible start to 2021, hopefully everything has settled down now. Almost died twice, first time in the ER with severe covid pneumonia. Great hallucinations without any drugs. Doc said I'm a long hauler, I don't wanna be as this stinks. I have to stay in bed almost 24/7 on oxygen. Went home for a week with loads of drugs. After one week I was back inside with a severe GI bleed. They couldn't stop it and wouldn't listen to me that I needed the antidote for Pradaxa, came home and did the research, no one listened cause no one told them that there was a serious problem with it and people are dying. Can't eat much, don't wanna, lost 15 pounds, don't recommend my method.

BUT against all odds I'm hear. Hopefully every month when I post it will be to say I'm getting stronger and am able to sew again.