Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 04-14-2024, 02:22 PM

Stop, Stop, Stop! You are sending me down rabbit trails. I just spent time reviewing broomstick lace crocheting. I got rid of all of that stuff a couple of years ago, I don't need to start another project......yet! Tee-Hee-Hee! Back to my 2.5 quilt for April, Cleopatra's fan and quilting a couple of finished tops.
Old 04-14-2024, 02:24 PM

And, Sewbizgirl, how was the quilt show? What did hubs think about fabric art and did you tryout any sergers? Inquiring minds and all that jazz.
Old 04-14-2024, 04:10 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
And, Sewbizgirl, how was the quilt show? What did hubs think about fabric art and did you tryout any sergers? Inquiring minds and all that jazz.
Well, we didn't go. Slidell LA was hard hit with a tornado the day before, so bad that it totally tore up the town. They were able to get power back on and open the show just one hour late, but I had already made up my mind not to go. I just didn't want go that far and be disappointed by the damage and flooding. Maybe I'll get to go to Paducah....
Old 04-15-2024, 03:22 AM

Oh, I am so sorry SBG. That was your birthday celebration and adventure. I certainly understand the hesitancy to journey into an area that just might be concentrating on other things. I bet the show organizers are terribly disappointed too. All of the hours of work and the the fear of damage to folks beautiful work and vendors products. Another show, another time and it all works together for good.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:34 AM

Received some more candies in the mail! From SusieQ and Reba. Going to be fun opening all them tomorrow!
Old 04-15-2024, 01:31 PM

Thinking of crocheting project. Next month our guide will be crocheting bags from plastic bags. I did this bout 8-9 years ago with another guild. It should be interesting. I’m curious how wide they cut their strips. I’m not sure what will happen to the bags after we make them. I just know I have an abundance of bags. At least 1-200. The lady said about 100 bags to make 1 bag. She uses old purse straps as the bag strap. Should be interesting. Have fun crocheting.

I’m still slowly working on my 4-patches for traffic jam. It’s my beginner and ender project. I figure next week to start sewing blocks pieces together. Great news for me. I found the box that contains all of fabric, cut fabric pieces & pattern for My, .“Double Irish Stars”. I will start work on this project starting tomorrow. Next month I should be able to post pics of most of my blocks for both of these projects. Back to sewing and quilting.
Old 04-15-2024, 02:05 PM
Power Poster

Got candies/cards from Terriamn and Quossum today. Thank you ladies! Only 4 more to receive...
Old 04-15-2024, 02:11 PM

Sewbizgirl, am sorry you didn’t get to attend the show but it was a wise decision to steer clear of such a hard hit area for the time being. You must be disappointed though.

I’m thinking of working on four Candy Cats for DGD. She lives all things feline and at two this coming weekend a small play/doll/stuffed animal quilt might be nice for her. Gee, I wonder if I can get it made by her party on Sunday? Anyone else going to give them a try. So cute! Maybe I should make one Candy Cat and then border it a few times. Hmmm.
Old 04-15-2024, 02:22 PM
Power Poster

The candy cats sure are cute. Any of our little granddaughters would love those... maybe in a pillow?

I just noticed Quossom's card is postmarked 28 March! That's nearly three weeks ago. Terrible service from the P.O. in Houston.
Old 04-15-2024, 02:48 PM

A little pillow! Great idea. Thanks.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
The candy cats sure are cute. Any of our little granddaughters would love those... maybe in a pillow?

I just noticed Quossom's card is postmarked 28 March! That's nearly three weeks ago. Terrible service from the P.O. in Houston.