Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: APRIL 2012 DOLL QUILT SWAP SIGN UP - Closes Midnight EST March 30

Blog Entries
    You are so welcome. I am glad you like it.....and just in time for some snow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Little RoO View Post
    I needed to post this and say a massive thanks to NeedleGrammy....she was my November Dolls quilt swop and when the board changed I lost interest for a while and never sent my quilt until this month.
    Needle grammy kindly kept the quilt she made for me in November also and so we swopped this month.

It is so beautifully made and something that I can bring out every year...Thank you so much.....it also fits the April criteria perfectly...two colours and thinking of spring. Here in the Uk we had an amazing week of sunshine followed by a couple of days of heavy snow !

She also sent me some lovely extras.....it was so nice to receive this parcel....Thank you Barbara.
    Barbara

May all your ups and downs be with needles and thread.

Blog Entries
    Judith, What a lovely doll quilt and`Snowy is so adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
    I just received my lovely doll quilt from ScrappyFay1. I LOVE it Fay. Thank you so much. You will chuckle when you see the one I made for you. We must have been thinking some where along the same lines. lol. Thank you also for the wonderful bookmarks. I will put them to good use. I have two pictures to post. One shows my little DQ with my model "Snowy", forget the kid tested thing, lol, it's puppy approved. And the other one shows the beautiful DQ I received. The photo, really doesnt show it as pretty as it really is. The middle is appliqued on and the beautiful zig zag stitch you used is wonderful. Again, thank you so much Fay.

I am still working on yours. I put a border on today. But, I just got finished taking it back off. It just didn't work. So, rethinking it tonight. And, I will be working on it again tomorrow. I am delaying sending it a little. The quilt show starts April 25th and I'm planning on going with my mom. I'm hoping to pick up something special to send along with it. So, I will mail to you on time. And, I hope you like it.*
    Barbara

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oowee View Post
    That is awesome news!!!! thank you for the update Dragonfly Nana

Ditto!!!!!
    Barbara

Blog Entries
    I love the red and white DQ! How pretty!
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    Needlegrammy, Little Roo, I love the snowman. I'm so gald you decided to come back Little Roo. I hope your little quilt will be pictured soon as well. I wasn't crazy about the changes at first either. I have a terrible time with change also. But, I have embraced the changes and really love this forum. And, really love some of the new features.

Lots of well wishes and prayers of health go out to Robin. I hope the very best for you.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

I just received my lovely doll quilt from ScrappyFay1. I LOVE it Fay. Thank you so much. You will chuckle when you see the one I made for you. We must have been thinking some where along the same lines. lol. Thank you also for the wonderful bookmarks. I will put them to good use. I have two pictures to post. One shows my little DQ with my model "Snowy", forget the kid tested thing, lol, it's puppy approved. And the other one shows the beautiful DQ I received. The photo, really doesnt show it as pretty as it really is. The middle is appliqued on and the beautiful zig zag stitch you used is wonderful. Again, thank you so much Fay.

I am still working on yours. I put a border on today. But, I just got finished taking it back off. It just didn't work. So, rethinking it tonight. And, I will be working on it again tomorrow. I am delaying sending it a little. The quilt show starts April 25th and I'm planning on going with my mom. I'm hoping to pick up something special to send along with it. So, I will mail to you on time. And, I hope you like it.*
    I am sooo glad you like it. Its kitty aproved too. Kalimar loved it also When I was sewing the binding on Kalimar would hop on my sewing table and lay down on it. I couldn't do anything. I just had to quite she was so cute. I love your Snowy. So cute.
    Fay

Needlegrammy, Little Roo, I love the snowman. I'm so gald you decided to come back Little Roo. I hope your little quilt will be pictured soon as well. I wasn't crazy about the changes at first either. I have a terrible time with change also. But, I have embraced the changes and really love this forum. And, really love some of the new features.

Lots of well wishes and prayers of health go out to Robin. I hope the very best for you.
    I agree Judith...change is sometimes hard to accept....but after a couple of months I really realised that I missed everyone on the board....the inspiration that you get from fellow quilters here is like nothing you can get anywhere else. There is always someone with a kind word when you are struggling and others to offer suggestions.
    The swops are fun and the live chat room means you can always chat to someone like minded and have a laugh. It is truly a world wide club.....I wish some of the old group would come back because you are right, once you get used to the new board it is not so bad.....I just wish there was a seperate sticky post section as I hate scrolling past them all to get to messages. No one is happier to be back than me.....

wow dragonnana outdid her self on the circular quilt. Very pretty and interesting.

tomorrow Lynnie and I meet in person at the Australasia Quilt Show and will exchange our DQ. I finally got her finished. I ran out of embroidery thread yesterday and had to take the tram down to Collins street in Melbourne to get some more. I saw some indigenous material there and would you believe this.......The young clerk told me to go to another store around the corner that had a wider selection. I am thankful she did because I did not know this store was there and it is awesome. I got several meters of indigenous pattern material. While there I met a lovely lady who has a quilt that will be at the show. Can't wait to go and see it.
    Last edited by urgodschild2; 04-11-2012 at 01:33 AM.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    YAAAYYYY!!!! My Accuquilt Go just arrived!!!! I am sooooo excited!
    Can't wait to see what you produce using it.......it is always so nice when you get to have something new.

Blog Entries
    Nice work, Scrappy. And that pup is too cute! Quilts just seem to be furbabe magnets!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    I hope the doll quilt I sent will be received as a springtime theme, a variety of the colors for spring.
    we don't meet people by accident.Everyone is meant to cross our path for a reason.

I finished my dq for Oralee, I should have it sent out before this weekend. I'm loving the dq pictures that have been posted so far. I'm currently starting another dq now for fun.

This is the lovely spring quilt that I was sent by Allie....it is really beautiful, such a thoughtful way of using just two colours and her FMQ is so neat.
    Thank you Allie....it really is a little treasure.
    I am hoping that mine is on a big plane crossing the ocean and that it will arrive with Allie next week.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by almond View Post
    I am so excited to see it. We have quilt club tonight and then I will send mine out also to Ninalemon! Hope you like it.

Yay, I'm excited to see yours as well! I mailed the quilt out today, it should arrive Saturday or Monday! . I hope you enjoy it!!!

I love all of the DQs that have come in so far! This is such a creative group of quilters!

Blog Entries
    Beautiful stiple quilting on the butterfly. I love the spring colors. So inviting.

Blog Entries
    Allie, I love the butterfly. I know how wonderful your quilting is since I have one of your treasures in my studio!
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Posting for Just a quilter,
    Here is the lovely doll quilt I received from moonrise.
    The ladies at the quilt shop thought it was it was very pretty .

just a quilter

Name:  DSC00389.JPG
Views: 133
Size:  119.0 KBName:  DSC00390.JPG
Views: 143
Size:  115.2 KBName:  DSC00390.JPG
Views: 143
Size:  115.2 KB
    Barbara

Blog Entries
    Oooooo, just love it! Nice job. Congrats on your getting a beautiful DQ.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Moonrise, lovely! Did you embroider it on both sides - through the batting, I mean.
    Krystyna

Thanks! Glad you like it! I just love those Michael Miller Fairy Frost fabrics. YUM!

It's embroidered on the top fabric only. I sandwiched it and quilted it afterwards.
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

Blog Entries
    Ditto!! and some more letters so the message is long enough.......

Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    I love the red and white DQ! How pretty!
    Reading, cooking, sewing in retirement! Heaven!
    I'm proud to say that I'm a member of the Quilt A Month Club for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative! www.alzquilts.org
    I have a blog on QB now -- please drop in!

Blog Entries
    Such pretty spring colors in your little quilt. I love the birds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter View Post
    doll quilt has been sent and with a surprise as well.

Blog Entries
    Moonrise, What a wonderful embroidered DQ. Love the fabric!

Allie, Very pretty Butterfly! Nice job on your quilting.
    Barbara

Blog Entries
    Such a pretty pink and white quilt. The embroidery is very pretty.

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast