Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: April 2017 Mug Rug Swap

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries

April 2017 Mug Rug Swap

April 2017 Mug Rug Swap — the color Purple

We will celebrate the month of April with the color purple. Purple is the color of royalty, nobility, luxury, power & ambition, as well as wealth, extravagance, creativity, wisdom, dignity, devotion & peace. So how will you interpret this color?

What is a mug rug? A mug rug is an item you use to place a cup of coffee, tea or soda on, along with a small snack plate/napkin beside it. It’s approximately 9”x8” or larger so both items will fit. Please do not make it smaller than 9”x 8” (unless your partner tells you specifically that she wants a smaller size), as that is quite small for both items as it is!

1. You will be assigned a partner. This is not a secret pal swap. Each partner will contact the other partner for addresses. You are encouraged to talk to each other and find out little things about them so you can make a special gift just for them. Then think about this month’s theme — the color purple. Think about what you want the color purple to represent in your mug rug. And how will you do this — will you appliqué or paper-piece or just go with regular piecing? Will you make your mug rug rectangular, circular, square, hexagonal? How you choose to make your mug rug is up to you, but make it with love & pride!

2. The mug rug must be made with 100% quilter’s cotton, with a nice cotton batting in between to protect furniture from possible damage due to heat/cold. Use a binding method you are comfortable with, or practice & learn a new binding technique! Also, the mug rug must be quilted. Remember, this is a gift you are making for someone. Be proud of your work & do your best. And be kind about what you receive. If you have any issues, please work it out with your partner first, before contacting me; communication is key. This board is for all of us to make friends & have fun.

3. For this month’s swap, you must send your name, address, e-mail address and phone number to jaba by March 31st. Jaba will be covering for ctyankee, who will be away during this period of time. Deadline to send out swaps is April 20th & don’t forget to send ctyankee notice, with tracking number, that you have sent to your partner. Any delays in mailing must be shared with ctyankee, who will be back in the game, prior to the deadline of April 20th. I want everyone to receive a partner’s trade. We should not have to request angels. Again, communication is important. You can be forgiven if something comes up & you notify your partner & me prior to the deadline. But if you don’t communicate & don’t send out a mug rug to your partner, you will be locked out of swapping with this group and negative feedback will insure other swap groups know you didn't send. Also, if your partner has not sent to you by the deadline & you have not heard from her, please let me know. I’m pretty easy-going about things, but there is rarely a good reason for non-communication. If your partner has not communicated with you at all, let me know ‘way before the deadline so we can possibly avoid a problem later.

4. Also, please let me know if you can mail internationally! This is important, as we have quite a few international swappers who want to join us, & I don’t want anybody to be left out. So if you can ship internationally — even just one time — that would make it more fun for our overseas & Canadian swappers!

5. You are free to include little gifties with your mug rug, handmade or store-bought; it’s up to you. It’s been discussed on a previous swap that if you talk with your partner, maybe you can agree on an extra item each — like a FQ. That would be between you & your partner. But you are only obligated to send a mug rug. Nothing else is required in this swap.

6. Any questions? Contact jaba immediately and she will help get you started.

7. Please take a photo before you ship your package to your partner, just in case she cannot post a photo. We all love to see photos! But don’t post it until you know your partner has received your package & that she is unable to post a photo herself.

8. Be sure to label the outside of the package with the name of the swap & your swap name. Many people sign up for more than one swap & it can be confusing to the recipient in trying to figure out which swap it came from.

9. And most of all — just have fun!

SIGN UP TODAY! Send jaba a PM with your name, address, e-mail address & phone number for emergency use only. If you have a preference of what you receive, just communicate that with your partner. Names will be given out on April 1st, the latest. You are required by the board to send things you sign up for, or risk not having the ability to swap again in other swaps. Again, per board rules, anything about your partner or the item they send to you that does not please you is not to be posted on the board but sent in a PM to me, ctyankee, or to your partner to sort out. It’s polite and it’s the right thing to do.

Blog Entries
    Our hostess picked a nice theme, should be fun so send me your info...

I am in for this one.

In for this one!

Blog Entries
    Yea..free time to join in again!

I'm in also.can't wait.LOVE purple

I want to play again this month sending PM.

Blog Entries
    Ladies, so glad you joined again! If you haven't done so, please remember to send me a PM so I can get you on the list. Your name will not be included until you send me the info, so sorry but that is the rules and I promised to do this!

sent my info!

Blog Entries
    I am in too.
    Boom 12 - Short & Sweet

I'm in toooo
    Life's a dance, you learn as you go

Blog Entries
    Good morning ladies! Any ideas of what to make yet?? I hope the weather is nice where you are, it's a beautiful sun shinning day here in Florida. Here's a list of the mug rug swappers that I have signed up so far:
    ljdugas31
    crqltr
    Armylady2012
    aunt59
    DesertNurse41

I'm in for this month too. Sending you a PM
    Pat

Sent you a PM with my information.

Count me in. I sent you my info.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Blog Entries
    Just an update for all of you today, these ladies so far:
    ljdugas31
    crqltr
    Armylady2012
    aunt59
    DesertNurse41
    NHNative
    mpepperm37
    nelco
    bgood

Any sneak peeks for that fabulous purple yet?

This would be a great swap because I love purple. But, unfortunately, I will be leaving April 12 for Ohio and won't be back until the end of the month. Everyone enjoy! Pat, if I get a chance, I'll call you and maybe stop to see you again.
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

Quote Originally Posted by klaws View Post
    This would be a great swap because I love purple. But, unfortunately, I will be leaving April 12 for Ohio and won't be back until the end of the month. Everyone enjoy! Pat, if I get a chance, I'll call you and maybe stop to see you again.
    Karen I'm sure I'll be here if you get a chance to stop by
    Pat

sent PM to join this swap!

Blog Entries
    Another update for all of you today, these ladies so farsorry I miss spelled your name annt59)
    ljdugas31
    crqltr
    Armylady2012
    annt59
    DesertNurse41
    NHNative
    mpepperm37
    nelco
    bgood
    Lilrain
    Rosemary Attaway

Are you sure you won't have time klaws? just think .....you can come home to a surprise!

Oooh....purple. Count me in too.
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Count me in!

Blog Entries
    Gotcha' both. Thank you, that makes us at lucky 13!

Please add me if I am not too late to join :-)
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    You're fine Plumtree but I need you to send me a PM to commit and I will add your name. Cuppy I need a PM from you also

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast