Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: April 2019 to June 2019 Table Runner Swap

April 2019 to June 2019 Table Runner Swap

Hi Guys,

Welcome to our ongoing Table Runner Swap! This swap will run from 1st April 2019 to the
    30th June 2019.

You have until the 30th June 2019 to make a table runner - the theme this time is... Hexie’s or Curves. This means that you need to make a table runner that features either Hexagons or Curves…. in any form!

Size of Table Runner

The table runner should be a minimum of 12” x 30”.
    You can use any technique/any style.
    All fabrics used should be 100% cotton.
    The runner must have wadding and be quilted.

There is no deadline so you can sign up at any time during the 3 months as this will be just an intention to participate. When you have made and are ready to mail your runner you can then sign up to the “ready to mail” list which is binding commitment.

But please remember that the only list that counts is the Ready to Mail list posted at the end of June 2019.

Ready to Mail list

An initial Ready to Mail list will be posted around the 24th June 2019. If you are not on this list you will not get an address to send to unless you contact me and get on the final listing.

Midnight on the 30th June 2019 – is the deadline to get on the “Ready to Mail” list. If you want to take part, I will need the following:-

Real name
    Your address
    Whether you are willing to send international or not (Please consider this as it enables everybody to take part)
    Allergy info
    Pet and smoking information
    Email address

As long as you have a table runner ready to mail you can join us by letting me know any time before the deadline.

Addresses Sent Out:

I will send out the name and address of the person you should send to on the 2nd or 3rd June 2019. You will have 7 days to get your table runner in the mail - No Longer. If you are unable to keep this commitment - please do not sign up.

You will send your table runner to the quilter who's address you get. You will receive from a different quilter than the one you send to.

This is not a partner swap.

Please remember that there are quilters of all abilities on this board and you should appreciate the table runner you receive as your sender will have worked hard to make it for you.

You are welcome to send some goodies in your package if you would care to, but please don't expect anything other than the table runner.

Please Note.... You must let me know when you mail and when you receive. Also, please PM the person that sends to you when you receive to say thank you and to let them know that the table runner that they have sent you has arrived - it is only polite to do so!

So come and join our fun.

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

You know I'm gonna try. lol.
    Mary

I'm in. Cool now I get to try drunkards path.

Hi Mary and Jessica,

Great to have you on board...I think this one could be fun!

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

They're all fun. Did everybody get their runners from the last swap? I don't want to miss any pictures.
    Mary

Count me in. I have a template for both, but havent done a drunkards path yet so may try that one
    "Good friends are like quilts-they age with you, yet never lose their warmth."

It looks like there will be several drunkards paths. lol.
    Mary

I'm in too.

Gosh, I haven't been in any swap in a long time, this might be the time. I think I'd like to try this. I need something to get me back into sewing. I moved the end of February and redid my sewing room. Everything is unpacked and I'm ready to play. ;o)

welcome..... come have some fun with us.
    Mary

welcome back Oksewnsew

Quote Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
    Gosh, I haven't been in any swap in a long time, this might be the time. I think I'd like to try this. I need something to get me back into sewing. I moved the end of February and redid my sewing room. Everything is unpacked and I'm ready to play. ;o)

It would be great to have you with us Oksewnsew.... if you want to play, let me know your details...!

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

I have no idea what to do for this swap! I seem to be in a brain fog! lol

Sue do a search on pinterest or you tube. It can give you some ideas.
    Mary

Working on something and printed out directions but I find the directions not complete enough in explaining. Hope I can figure this one out. It is not hexagon or draunkard's Patch as I have done those before I wanted to try soemthing different but no worries as it meets the requirements for this month's challenge.
    Anna Quilts

Anna, I love when I or anyone tries something new. This swap is so good for learning. You don't have to make something big to learn.A runner is so useful too. Glad your in again. Remember we are all here to help if we can.
    Mary

LOL lawsonmugs. You are optimistic. We'll see how it turns out. Trying something new is not my strenght. Depending on how it turns out I might need to contact Caroline and let her know to send it to you as you will be the only one to appreciate it. Thank you for your kind offer to help.
    Anna Quilts

Don't under estimate yourself. Anna. We were all novices at some time! I'll be your swap partner any day.

Blog Entries
    Nice to see you again, Oksew. Curves / hexies is going to be a fun way to start back.

Curves of any kind, not just a block:

maybe a scalloped edge
    a round or oval shape
    one of those folded candle table toppers- they have curved pieces that make a 3-D quilt
    square blocks sliced with a curve in the center- two squares make two opposite blocks
    the addition of giant ric-rac in a border- it has curves
    easy cathedral window

Hexies or maybe half hexies- no hand sewing or "Y" seams, each half a different color or shade of one color

I have too many ideas and not enough time to experiment, I will have to jump in and follow the creative stream wherever it goes.
    Last edited by ube quilting; 05-07-2019 at 02:11 AM.
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

I've seen some beautiful work done on here. I would take a runner from anyone on here,That's the only way to keep them all from going to miss Caroline anyway. LOL
    Mary

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  654.0 KBTwo tops done ,both scrappy. Just have to quilt and bind now and decide which one to send.
    Last edited by m-fay; 05-09-2019 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Forgot to add photo

Wow m-fay! And not just one challenge table runner but two, one of each kind. They are both stunning and beautiful. Amazing work! Which one will you be entering or both?
    Anna Quilts

wow! m-fay! beautiful runners!!!!! I"m still at a loss as to what I'm going to "create" lol. And Anna - I still think of myself as a novice or beginner - so much to learn, so much to experiment, so many choices, so much fabric, so many neat gadgets, etc. etc. See what I mean? lol

I am done and it actually looks really good. My daughter wants to have it. LOL

wow you girls are fast. It takes me awhile to decide what to make,then picking fabrics. Then it goes quick. Don't forget a sneak peek Anna. We love seeing picture.
    Mary

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast