April - Boom 18

Old 01-09-2017, 04:06 AM

Oh Terri, hes so precious!! All I can say is keep praying! God must have a plan for the lil guy...Keep us updated please!! ((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))
Old 01-09-2017, 04:08 AM

Ibex that was the first one I saw! I seamed to have developed a "reputation" lol
Old 01-09-2017, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Ibex that was the first one I saw! I seamed to have developed a "reputation" lol
I keep hoping Janice will send you all the stripped fabrics, I'm always excited about what you create with them.

Ibex those are awesome I can't wait to see the finished quilt with your fairy squares.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Hello to all. Can't sleep to much excitement yesterday. Doctors expressed shock and guarded optimism that baby Liam is breathing on his own. He is in NIC, death is NOT imminent, hope to find out prognosis and diagnosis today. This little guy is a miracle.
That terrific news Terri, Liam is a beautiful baby boy
Old 01-09-2017, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Day of the Dead squares for MJPEncinitas

I’m hoping the overall effect of all the squares are colorful. They will be going next to black ‘skull’ squares so your squares shouldn’t be mostly black. The middle will be a larger appliqué of three skeleton musicians, banjo, fiddle and harmonica. Your square will not be set on point. They will be used on a wall hanging so if you wanted to use techniques you wouldn’t ordinarily use on a bed quilt go for it! Most importantly have fun.

While I do not want you to stint on the fabric you use for your boom square if you don’t think you have a use for the leftovers please return any usable fabric to me. I need to make four more of these squares and it would be helpful to have a little bit more fabric than I have and its not available online.

I will post the fabric, and an example of what the middle square and skull squares will look like and a beautiful 5 minute animation that talks about Day of the Dead. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCQnUuq-TEE It always makes me tear up a little but I’m a wimp.
Middle square: Instead of a wedding couple there will be three musician's in the middle. Sorry didn't get black skull square pictures yet.
MJP What fun I have a couple of idea's swimming around for your block.
Want to meet for coffee next week?
Old 01-09-2017, 04:19 AM

So many of us up so early in the morning! Hugs to all of you whether or not you're awake yet :-).

Kassaundra, I'm hoping Janice gives you one of the two stripes. :-)

Billi -- I have to get my Mardi Gras quilt done before I get to play with the fairy quilt. As slow as I am, it may be a couple BOOMs from now before the fairies are good to go, lol.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:52 AM

He's beautiful. I'll hope he continues to surprise everyone, especially his doctors.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Hello to all. Can't sleep to much excitement yesterday. Doctors expressed shock and guarded optimism that baby Liam is breathing on his own. He is in NIC, death is NOT imminent, hope to find out prognosis and diagnosis today. This little guy is a miracle.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:53 AM
Power Poster

Liam is beautiful! May he grow stronger and healthier by the minute... What a miracle baby. Congrats to the whole family.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:03 AM

No worries...I thought I'd put the "no hard zippers" thing in the rules but apparently it was only in the Boom 18 sign-up thread. It'll be in future rules. I hesitate legislating anything else but those will definitely be out for the future.
Originally Posted by Muse&Sew View Post
Bummer Janice, I did the wrong baggies too! Sorry! Now I know. I sent you the tracking number.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:40 AM

Wonderful Liam news. Put a smile on my face and made my morning brighter. Thinking of you and your family.