Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
APRIL FQ SWAP : BATIKS! Closes April 1st, 2014 >

APRIL FQ SWAP : BATIKS! Closes April 1st, 2014

APRIL FQ SWAP : BATIKS! Closes April 1st, 2014

Old 04-15-2014, 04:30 AM

I love fabric. What my birthday? do you really need to ASK what I want? lol NO. just fabric. I think its the best thing ever and it provides me tons of joy. I think its the best thing ever. Does that make me a hoarder? do I care?.. no. its the greatest thing ever. Sticking to it too
Old 04-15-2014, 07:42 AM

I grabbed the mail this morning on the way to town and LaurieJo's swap squishy was in there! Who could possibly wait until they got home? So there I was trying to open the package with one hand, drive with the other and hope I didn't need to downshift on the big hill out of town. I swear it isn't distracted driving, I was completely focused on getting that package open. Soooooo pretty. I took the photo with LaurieJo's sitting on top of Sue's just to show how lovely they all look together.

My cup runneth over with the thoughtfulness and generosity of my sisters here on the board. I have another person who came in late and needed a buddy, and my package goes out to you today.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]471747[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 04-15-2014, 09:00 AM

wow they all work together! what lovely fat quarters and yeah, I can put off opening bills (who can't?) but a package? with my NAME on it.. must be FABRIC heck with it I am OPENING IT RIGHT NOW. I feel for you and am thankful for an automatic at times like these
Old 04-16-2014, 03:53 AM

ok head count who has NOT received their fat quarters please post a note right here for me. In that note please post your partners name and what they have said about sending. I would like to get a clear picture of how the swap worked this month. In theory its working marvelously. Its a theory only until I hear what the scoop is from each of you. Thanks!
Old 04-16-2014, 09:17 AM

My remaining swap buddy is nurse Bonnie. Her package was mailed yesterday. She has not mentioned she shipped to me yet. I do not get the impression she is a daily reader.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:11 PM

Lauriejo,
How did I miss those beautiful patterns with those great fabrics?? Well, I guess we know how I might've missed it, and I am sad to say I might've missed them on an average day..
Anyways, those patterns and those fabrics are stunning.

And, quick update: Dh is doing fairly well, Mom is too...and that means I'm better...and I want to say thanks to you all who've been so sweet and caring.
K
Old 04-16-2014, 02:51 PM

Kiffee so glad everyone is doing better at your house. Sure makes everyday living better and easier doesn't it? Or at least it does for me.
I haven't heard from my partner's if they have shipped or not, I shipped mine a week ago to tubsfam and happylab and have not heard if they got them.
SheriR and I did a side swap and I have received her beautiful batiks, not sure if she has gotten mine yet. Naturally I had ordered a bunch of batiks and the order was not here yet plus going to the doctors and having yet another MRI for my back and the MS so did not get to go shopping in town. All 3 were sent what I had enough of on hand, hope they aren't to disappointed.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:55 AM

Wow only two huh? only two people who haven't received yet? Nurse bonnie is late. She tends to be on the move at all times (traveling from local to local) and mails when she gets a chance not necessarily when the request to mail out is posted (ie in the beginning). She does come through however so we will have to wait to see what she sends when she sends it.

Jan hoping you get yours soon! Trippgal your correct she doesn't post much at all think she come on here and snaps off here.

To those who have sent have faith knowing you did your part. Praying your partners do the same. keep posting the notes here please.. its time if you have sent them no worries if you haven't well.. everyone knows it. I will continue doing this til the message gets across. MAIL YOUR PACKAGES then you don't have to worry about your name being posted pretty simple actually. Keep informing me please because next month if you haven't sent you cant play for a bit .. obviously your busy with other things. So when you do come back maybe you will send earlier or on time .. novel concept!!!

now post those pictures so we can all drool! thanks!
Old 04-17-2014, 04:51 AM

Just want to let everyone know, SheriR has gotten the ones I sent and she did send a thank you to me. The pain meds I was on for a couple of days must have been working better than I thought, that's scary, no wonder I hate taking them. I'm so sorry I forgot Sheri, please accept my apology.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:59 PM

tubsfam received the most beautiful batiks from you today, thank you so much, favorite colors of mine and I love them[ATTACH=CONFIG]472024[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf2030.jpg