Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April I SPy Swap Open ( Until April 9th, 2016) >

April I SPy Swap Open ( Until April 9th, 2016)

April I SPy Swap Open ( Until April 9th, 2016)

Old 04-28-2016, 07:41 AM

Sandra - I thank you for your years of work for this swap. And I also sympathize with the losses your family has faced - life can really knock down in a short time. Hope things look up for you soon - you faced a long year last year with the pneumonia you had.

Looking forward to receiving my squishie in the mail.

Rena
Old 04-28-2016, 01:13 PM

My squares are here! They arrived today and are so cute! Thanks, everybody. And thank you again, Sandra.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:59 PM

Mine arrived today, too! Yippee!

Sorry to hear that things aren't going well, Sandra. DH and I were in a similar situation a few years ago. Hang in there. Things will get better. If there's anything I can do, let me know. <3
Old 04-29-2016, 01:10 PM

My squares arrived yesterday! Thank you, everyone.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:24 PM

Thank you ladies for the great charm packs. I cannot wait to create my first I Spy Quilt for my grand babies.

I asked Sandra if it was ok to do this.........she said yes.

I received 3 duplicates, which all of us that were in for 16 bags received, which I don't mind because I plan to cut them up for a border. But I did want one of my own bags, I didn't not have enough to keep one for myself. If there is any one with a duplicate of mine and would like to trade please pm, of course I will send you back what ever postage you used. Here are the names of my duplicates, I can trade one for mine with one you might not have.

I have Pink Flowers New York....MMonnohon Washington State....CLMay New York. And I am Irene C.

Thank you all.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:22 PM
Power Poster

Hello swappers! Just wanted to pop in and confirm what Owlvamp has told you. I will be stepping in again for as long as she needs the help. Life has been challenging for her and her family and she need to concentrate on other things right now.

I will announce the next swap around early June... watch for it. I may drop the number of bags swapped just a bit, so we don't get repeats back. In the mean time, lets all be on the lookout for some good deals on NICE I Spy fabrics for the next swap. Lets all try to send in some new and different fabrics that we haven't seen before.

Best wishes to Owlvamp and hope she stays in touch!
Old 04-29-2016, 05:08 PM

Received mine today! Sorry owlvamp for you having such a hard time right. My prayers are with you and your family! Thanks so much for doing this swap. Going shop hopping this weekend and hope to find some new fun fabrics! Thanks for stepping up sewbizgirl so that this swap can continue-it is so much fun!
Old 04-29-2016, 05:23 PM

I am looking forward to the next swap. Thanks for the heads up, gives me plenty of time to maybe order some on line that I won't find in my area stores. One question?

Are the squares we just received enough for a good size quilt, my grandkids are grade school age and I really want to make a large one (I had 16 baggies). I am so excited to make my first one, I'm already looking for setting ideas and started designing my quilt. Any help or pointers for the I spy quilts will be appreciated.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Irene C. View Post
I am looking forward to the next swap. Thanks for the heads up, gives me plenty of time to maybe order some on line that I won't find in my area stores. One question?

Are the squares we just received enough for a good size quilt, my grandkids are grade school age and I really want to make a large one (I had 16 baggies). I am so excited to make my first one, I'm already looking for setting ideas and started designing my quilt. Any help or pointers for the I spy quilts will be appreciated.
I would certainly think so... especially if you are doing some kind of setting that adds something between or around the blocks.

I make baby quilts with about 80 5" squares, so the 160 plus sashing should come out to at least twin or full size.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:18 AM

Mine came today, they were very pretty, loved them all, can't wait to make a large I spy quilt for my guest room when the grandchildren spend the night. maybe we need to do a patriotic I spy kinda, just patriotic fabrics, just a thought