April Mini Quilt swap

Old 03-29-2016, 06:30 PM
mim

of course -- sidewinders!!!

Mim
Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
The lower pic is a coiled rattlesnake. Lol.
Not everyone would want a snake in their quilt...but this quilt was mostly my own design, so I went with a snake that we have quite a few around my area.
I teased I was going to make my armadillo upside down on it's back and bloated, because sadly that's how we see most of them...
But I made the quilt and let my friend who owns a local quilt shop display it. So Mr. Armadillo is upright and alive.
Regards,
Kif
Old 03-29-2016, 10:27 PM
Power Poster

Kiffie, I hate snakes. hehe.... We have rattlers, copperheads, and black snakes here. Black snakes are not poison, but I don't care. lol...
Old 03-29-2016, 10:59 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
Kiffie, I hate snakes. hehe.... We have rattlers, copperheads, and black snakes here. Black snakes are not poison, but I don't care. lol...
JuneBillie my mom went back into her house one summer day and found a snake coiled on her kitchen throw rug. My DH went in and used his cane to hold it still and caught it behind the head. We took it out to a local corn field and released it. I however never came any closer than I had to to that snake LOL I hate snakes!! It was a black snake according to our local naturalist. Ooooh yuck LOL not seen one since then tho! My DH and his brother used to play with baby rattlers when they were young LOL not me!!

In Iowa we have copperheads rattlers blue racers black snakes water moccasins garter snakes etc
Old 03-29-2016, 11:03 PM
Power Poster

I'm in for this one. I have a couple of ideas. I think I've made a mini or two before LOL 6" - 8" is my comfort zone.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:35 AM

I'm not a fan of real snakes, but they certainly make a cool design element!

I think I have my design figured out, hope to have time this weekend to start cutting fabric.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:33 AM
Power Poster

Rhonda I understand about the snake in the house. Many years ago in the house I lived in there was a copperhead coiled underneath my kitchen stove burner. I ran out of the house, and got my mom. lol.. She had always killed them. There was a sliding door to the back side of the kitchen, and others were always leaving it open a bit.
In another house I looked in my kitchen one day while sitting on my couch, and a big long black snake was stretched out a across the kitchen floor. Again, that house had a sliding door in the front close to the kitchen. I now hate sliding doors and won't have one. lol... My house now is the only one that I have not had a snake in. I don't have a sliding door either.
Oh my goodness, I can't imagine those two you mentioned playing with baby rattlers. lol..
Old 03-30-2016, 12:18 PM
Power Poster

When my DH and his brother were 10 and 12 they would stay with an aunt and uncle in Missouri. They would take firecrackers and throw them in a hole of a rattler's nest. when the baby rattlers would come out they would catch them and put them in their pockets LOL imagine the aunt's face when she found those baby rattlers when she went to wash clothes LOL
Old 03-30-2016, 12:28 PM

WE have one son who has snakes as pets, plus he someday wants to open a reptile store. I hate all kinds of creepy things, and have not been to his house since he started that hobby. UGH!
They are more than welcome to our house, orders of NO SNAKES ....
Old 03-30-2016, 04:23 PM

Hello everyong ~ I'm looking forward to this.. this is my first time with this group too. so many ideas.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:50 PM

OK, so I'm TOTALLY creeped out by snakes!!!! In honor of Elisabrat I say "NO! NO WAY, NO HOW!!!!!!" LALALALALALA. I can't hear you!