Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Postcard Swap. Come join us for the fun. >

April Postcard Swap. Come join us for the fun.

April Postcard Swap. Come join us for the fun.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by lucky_alf2 View Post
Hi all! I just wanted to drop a quick note to day hello. I am a busy mom and craft dabbler, but throughout the years I consistently enjoy my quilting projects. I've been a QB lurker lately and decided to make the jump from "looker" to "doer" this month! This is my first Quilty Postcard so I hope I do OK -- I certainly am not as speedy as some of you and am probably overthinking it. I've picked my pattern and fabrics and hope to get everything cut this evening after the kids go to bed. Anyways, happy hump-day Wednesday to all
Dont stress out over how quick others are.....I happened to read last months thread and saw the post with the next couple of months themes listed. I didn't make it right then but I did start looking at my stash and getting ideas. Don't get too wrapped up in using the exact supplies....my best friend when making them is wonder under muslin and thinsilate. Yes I use the stuff intended fir pot holders as my batting. It's stiff not to thick and easy to work with.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:34 PM
Power Poster

lucky_alf2 so glad you came here. You will have fun, and everything will be fine too.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:06 PM

I mailed my PC to my partner the other day I forgot to post.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:24 AM

So far on the mailed list I have:

Armylady2012
Billi
TiltedEars
Judith1005 (Both)

When you mail let me know, I will keep the list updated. If your still in the planning and creating stage. Enjoy Have fun !

If your able to post photos, please do.(I prefer my partners to receive their postcards before I post a photo.) But, I also love the photo inspirations along the way. If you can't but have the ability to take photos, Maybe you can email me your photo and I can save them to my computer and post them for you.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:13 AM

I received my postcard from TiltedEars today. I love it! Thank you Jenn. I can see your inspiration. And, I just may put this on my list to try in a different theme. I just love the fabrics also.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:19 PM

Judith1005 what a beautiful PC, TiltedEars that is a beautiful and inspirational PC.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:26 PM

I received my PC from Judith1005 today. It is beautiful Judith, would love to learn how you did the rainbow colors using Sharpies and Isopropyl Alcohol and the beads was a wonderful add on, the flowers are very pretty. If you could post the picture of the card I would appreciate it since I do not know how too.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:41 PM

Hi Maxie, No problem, I took a photo before I sent it. Here is the postcard I sent to Armylady2012.I sent an April Showers Brings May Flowers to Armylady2012.
It was really easy Maxie, I bought a package of rainbow colored sharpies. (I have heard the off brands don't work the same. I do NOT know this first hand.) Wow, they are getting expensive. I used 70% Isopropyl Alcohol. (Just the cheap Walmart brand.) I drew the markers where I wanted the color. Use a light hand drawing. Then I put Alcohol in a small squirt gun that was leftover from a summer visit with my grandson. (An eye dropper or medicine dropper will work also.) I just used what I had on hand. I lightly sprayed the Alcohol right on the marker. Use a little at first and if it doesn't spread like you want, use a little more. I would not do any piecing or hand work until you do the marker. My first piece came out good until I added to much marker. (Thank goodness I hadn't done the embroidery yet.) So, I just made up a new practice piece and tried it again. I used a piece of cardboard with a paper towel on it then put my practice piece. Did the marker and alcohol. Let it dry. Then do whatever you want with it. *You can make cool T-Shirts with it also.*
Old 04-09-2015, 04:44 PM

Tilted Ears, you should receive yours next week. It is different then Armylady2012's. So, you will be surprised.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:11 PM
Power Poster

Wow! Such pretty fabric post cards. I see a lot of creativity.

Judith your card from TiltedEars is so pretty. I love how you did the egg with little gathers TiltedEars.

Judith that is a pretty card you made for Armylady. I enjoyed reading about the whole process you used in making the card.