April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon >

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

Old 04-15-2012, 10:01 AM

Default clues for my sps

top three hints for my secret pals:
  1. one package is going east of me with an added zip code of 14
  2. one package is going west of me with an added zip code of 22
  3. one package is going north (or maybe it's northeast) of me with an added zip code of 16.
i hope my addition is correct because i totally forgot i gave away my calculator.

p.s. oops i almost forgot to mention that i am directionally challenged too.

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
top five hints for my secret pals:
  1. one or more of my sps likes bright colors
  2. one or more of my sps likes a color associated with royalty
  3. one or more of my sps have a zip code that begins with a number between "0" and "9"
  4. one or more of my sps has a puzzling sort of mind
  5. one or more of my sps have participated in the sp swap more than once
Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
here are some top ten clues for my sps:
  1. one or more of my sps loves the same fabric colors that i do
  2. one or more of my sps likes batiks
  3. one or more of my sps likes totes by any other name
  4. my sps live in very different parts of the country
  5. one or more of my sps like chocolate
  6. one or more of my sps have the same fav/least fav fabric lines that i do
  7. one or more of my sps have a sewing machine
  8. one or more of my sps listed beverages they like
  9. one or more of my sps have furbabies; and finally
  10. one or more of my sps like fabric

Last edited by Havplenty; 04-15-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:21 AM

Bummer. Not me, my zipcode adds up to 25. But I do love Totes, Fabric, Chocolate, sewing machines, furbabies and beverages.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:07 PM

I got a great swap package from Rosemary AKA Ladybug. She made me the cutest table runner, a tissue holder and scissor holder with folding scissors inside, so cute. I love handmade things and she really did a beautiful job on them. I got gorgeous batiks. My next quilt will be batiks so I was excited to see those fabrics. I got sewing notions, lotion, a travel sewing kit, emery boards and a great bag pattern. There were also 2 packages of doggie treats that my babies knew were in the envelope before I did. Those are long gone LOL. I really enjoyed opening my package and oohing and ahh-ing over everything. Thank you Ladybug!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]328021[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_1029.jpg  
Old 04-15-2012, 12:16 PM

Oo..look at that Simplicity crafty thing with bags on the front. I don't think I've seen that one. (LIKE I need any more patterns. lol)
Old 04-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by fayzer View Post
I got a great swap package from Rosemary AKA Ladybug. She made me the cutest table runner, a tissue holder and scissor holder with folding scissors inside, so cute. I love handmade things and she really did a beautiful job on them. I got gorgeous batiks. My next quilt will be batiks so I was excited to see those fabrics. I got sewing notions, lotion, a travel sewing kit, emery boards and a great bag pattern. There were also 2 packages of doggie treats that my babies knew were in the envelope before I did. Those are long gone LOL. I really enjoyed opening my package and oohing and ahh-ing over everything. Thank you Ladybug!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]328021[/ATTACH]
Sis I love the country fabric on the back of the runner.I also love the bag patterns.Very nice swap.lil sis
Old 04-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by reeskylr View Post
Oo..look at that Simplicity crafty thing with bags on the front. I don't think I've seen that one. (LIKE I need any more patterns. lol)
I know! I just downloaded 2 more bag patterns and now I am thinking I need this one too.lol
Old 04-15-2012, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
I know! I just downloaded 2 more bag patterns and now I am thinking I need this one too.lol
ARGH. I know, rite?! lol

Yeah, I just downloaded that PDF for the Wavy Tote Bag from the digest. Now, I'm looking at my bright daisy fabrics and going...hmm...

So, Mary, what did you download?
Old 04-15-2012, 01:14 PM

OK!!! i have totally been given a whopping headache trying to figure out how to post pics. I have been at it all day. I got an awesome package and can't post it. This is so frustrating cuz I like to show off the awesome things my sp sends me. If someone could help me thru it, i would so appreciate it. I am not even going to try and do any sewing today cuz I will only mess it up. What I went thru to get it from the post office and now this.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Swap Hosts

Form the "HELP" Button at the top of the page:
Posting a Picture

To insert a picture in your post, select the “insert image” icon on top of the message box. This icon looks like a framed picture of a tree. Once you select this icon, you have the choice of attaching a file from your computer or entering the url (web address) for the image. Please note that the url must be for the image itself, not the whole website. You can usually get an image url by right-clicking on the picture and selecting “copy image address”.

When you add a picture using the url, there is an option below the uploader that reads “Retrieve remote file and reference locally.” This will save the image file to Quilting Board’s servers rather than link to another website. We recommend leaving this option on, so that the other website cannot change or delete your image.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by nurse bonnie View Post
OK!!! i have totally been given a whopping headache trying to figure out how to post pics. I have been at it all day. I got an awesome package and can't post it. This is so frustrating cuz I like to show off the awesome things my sp sends me. If someone could help me thru it, i would so appreciate it. I am not even going to try and do any sewing today cuz I will only mess it up. What I went thru to get it from the post office and now this.
Well heck, I thought you must be having a hard time, what did that silly post office do?!

Anyway,

1. Have your pics on your desktop or wherever you know to find them. Desktop is easiest.
2. Select the Insert Image button and a small box will pop up. Make sure it is on the 'From Computer' tab.
3. Select Browse --- find the pic, choose it and the link will be in the box.
4. Under that box is an 'Upload File' -- hit that. I know, it should be lit up, flashing or something. Because that doesn't help much with those that don't understand that uploading thing.
5. Once it is uploaded the box will go away and you will have an --

[ATTACH=CONFIG]TheFileNumber[/ATTACH]

6. Upload the rest and the Pic should show on your post when you look at it. Like the one below
Attached Thumbnails happy_face_sewing.png