Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon >

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

Old 04-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
"Put a another log on the fire".
Good! Then we can make S'mores! And roasted weinies! And tell ghost stories!
Old 04-19-2012, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
OK. I just found out I wasn't the stinky one.

So ... NEVERMIND!

I'm back!

ok so i am still in the running to get a krystyna swap package? good deal. but it sure looks like your brief sabbatical aged you a bit. my advice would be to stop worrying so much about your "stinky" packages. or maybe it's the tabacco smoking the added the extra texturizing (aka lines) to your face. anyhow glad you're back.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
ok so i am still in the running to get a krystyna swap package? good deal. but it sure looks like your brief sabbatical aged you a bit. my advice would be to stop worrying so much about your "stinky" packages. or maybe it's the tabacco smoking the added the extra texturizing (aka lines) to your face. anyhow glad you're back.
I am also wearing one of my veils! Do you like it? How about my lovely mola design quilt?
Old 04-19-2012, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
I am also wearing one of my veils! Do you like it? How about my lovely mola design quilt?

i luv all of the colors in that pic especially that thread art quilt. that is soooo me!!!! i am gonna learn how to do that thread art quilting one of my quilting days. but yes i luv richly patterned and colorful ethnic textiles.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:02 PM

okay off topic alert!!!!

i bought plenty of kitty toothbrushes and toothpaste and watched the videos on how to brush a kitty's teeth. so i have been practicing with just the brush on the kitty's teeth to see how much fight i was gonna have to put up with when it came time to do the actual brushing plus it was to let them get use to the brush being in their mouths . my tuxedo, samson, is use to me grooming him and he will sit for what he thinks is a right amount of time to let me groom him before he fights to get down. my bengal, shaka, gets all discombobulated and starts snorting at me, twisting and turning all the time, the minute i try to groom him.

well guess what..... i cannot find the tubes of toothpaste i bought. i have no idea where they are. not a one and i have been looking all over for them. good grief. now i either hav'ta go buy another expensive tube of kitty toothpaste or keep looking for the "lost" ones i have already purchased.

yikes. money just seems to be flying outta my door with nothing to show for it. for example, i bought a whole bag of goodies for this swap when i was in louisville ky 2 wks ago that i cannot find. i am convinced that my girlfriend's son picked up my bags when he was getting her stuff from my trunk but she says she cannot find them among her many bags. they were some nice little treasures too. now the kitty toothpaste. either i am moving too fast for my own good or i gotta case of the absent minded professor syndrome going on.

p.s. on another note, i had lunch today with another friend that had weight loss surgery (gastric bypass). when i saw her, i really didnt know who she was. her voice was still the same but the person before me looked nothing like the person i once knew. so needless to say i stared at her the whole meal thinking that the person i knew who was speaking in a voice i recognized would unzip this imposter costume, step out and say "SURPRISE, YOU HAVE BEEN PUNKED". alas it didnt happen so i think i'm gonna need a some therapy to cope because this is one of the young ladies that i use to career & life counsel. okay i think i got everything out now.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
I'm glad you got a nice swap for your first one. I think most of us are here for the laughs and the friendship.What is the folded blue or gray (can't tell for sure) thing on the right hand top of picture? Really some nice fabrics too.Glad you'll be back. Mary
It is a picture frame thingy...
Old 04-19-2012, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
Nice packages coming in ladies! Barefoot quilter love that sewing panel! I am a sewing themed nut when it comes to fabric and that one is just adorable. Do you happen to know who is the manufacturer (on the selvage?) Krystyna, I've made several bow tuck tote bags and they're easy to make. There is a tute on qb for it that I followed, let me see if I can find it...OK HERE IT IS, http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...al-t55016.html
not right off hand when i get off work i will look and see if i can find anything on the piece.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:30 PM

I am so glad that I am in running for a Krystyna package as well...woo hoo! I am so glad to be apart of this swap....it was a great one...cannot wait to sign up for next moth....and I signed up for the fat quarter swap as well.. Hope I can still do this when I go back to school in the fall...we shall see how busy my schedule gets....I only have two more semesters of school left and then I graduate with my associates degree!!!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:30 PM

Krystyna So happy you are staying! I would miss you.

Segasal so glad you liked the swap. It's very addictive.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:53 PM

Hi Krystyna---Please don't leave. I for one,received a lovely package from you as my SP, and I loved everything. It didn't have any (stinky) to it and I would know with all my allergies. When I do get one that is smoky I just set it outside for a little while(no Problem) . Maybe you can be my SP again,I wouldn't mind at all. crafty Grammie